I’ve been on a binge of jalapeno popper stuff for a while now. Between my Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole and my Jalapeno Popper Fat Bombs, I really wanted to make something a bit different. Sometimes on keto we are forced to choose between easy and tasty – but that’s the complete opposite when it comes to this recipe.
Mug cakes are the perfect way to have a meal in just a few minutes. Mix all the ingredients together and put it in the microwave and you have an awesome cross between a sandwich and a cake that tastes phenomenal. Plus, you can put pretty much any flavor imaginable into a mug cake. As many of you know, I’ve done a lot of mug cakes in the past – both savory and sweet.
The best part about them is that they’re portable, too! You can either cook in advance and go, or bring the mixed ingredients with you to pop into the microwave later – a great lunch choice if you’re at work and in a pinch.
Some of my savory mug cakes:
Yields 1 Jalapeno Popper Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice bacon
- ½ medium jalapeno pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a pan over medium heat, cook the sliced bacon until crisp.
2. Once bacon is crisp, remove from the pan and set aside.
3. In a container or a mug, mix together all of the ingredients. I like to add the bacon fat to this, but that will add extra fat macros – so make sure it fits into your macros. I find that it helps bring the bacon taste out more.
4. Clean off the sides of the container so that there is no excess batter running up the sides.
5. Microwave for 75 seconds on high (power level 10).
6. Lightly slam cup against plate to take the mug cake out. Garnish with extra jalapeno and serve.
This makes 1 Jalapeno Popper Mug Cake. It comes out to be 455 Calories, 41.15g Fats, 4.43g Net Carbs and 15.38g Protein.
|Jalapeno Popper Mug Cake||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons almond flour||80||7||3||1.5||1.5||3|
|1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal||30||1.75||2.5||2||0.5||1.5|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||11.52||0.01||0||0.01||0.12|
|1 tablespoon cream cheese||51||4.99||0.8||0||0.8||0.89|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|1 slice bacon||117||11.11||0.36||0||0.36||3.53|
|½ medium (7 g) jalapeno pepper||2||0.03||0.46||0.2||0.26||0.06|
|½ teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.64||0||0.64||0|