Now, I know it’s pie day and I’m totally failing on that part. I tried to make a coconut cream pie in the microwave and it just didn’t work out. The crust cooked just fine in the mug, but try to remove it and it completely breaks apart. So, I’ll just give you something that’s just as good!
Just in case you missed out on the previous recipes in this mug cake series, you can check them out:
If you’re a fan of coconut and chocolate, then give this one a try! You can taste the coffee, but not too much. It accents the chocolate extremely well – the coconut coming through as you bite into the flakes and giving you just a hint of textural contrast.
Yields 1 Coconut Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon erythritol
- 7 drops liquid Stevia
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee
1. Get your mug ready!
2. Mix together 1 Egg, 2 Tbsp. Honeyville Almond Flour, 1 Tbsp. NOW Erythritol, and 7 drops stevia. Then, add 2 Tbsp. Room Temperature Butter and 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder and mix together.
4. Add your spices and flavorings: 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, 1/2 tsp. Instant Coffee, 2 tsp. Coconut Flour, 1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder, and 1 Tbsp. Coconut Milk. Mix this together well until everything is combined.
5. Microwave on high for 70 seconds (Power Level 10).
6. Turn the mug upside down and lightly bang it onto a plate. It should completely come out of the mug. Optional: Top with extra shredded coconut.
Per serving this is 427 Calories, 39.8g Fats, 5.72g Net Carbs, and 11.63g Protein. Of course, you could always split that in half if you can’t afford that many calories!
|Coconut Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|2 tablespoons almond flour||80||7||3||1.5||1.5||3|
|1 tablespoon erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|7 drops liquid Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.64||0||0.64||0|
|1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut||33||3.33||1.33||0.7||0.63||0.33|
|1 tablespoon cocoa powder||12||0.74||3.13||2||1.13||1.06|
|1 tablespoon coconut milk||3||0.28||0.12||0.1||0.02||0|
|2 teaspoons coconut flour||20||0.66||2.64||1.6||1.04||0.66|
|½ teaspoon instant coffee||2||0||0.38||0||0.38||0.06|
Per serving this is 427 Calories, 39.8g Fats, 5.72g Net Carbs, and 11.63g Protein.
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Honeyville Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp. NOW Erythritol
- 7 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Instant Coffee
- Mix all room temperature ingredients together in a mug.
- Microwave on high for 70 seconds.
- Turn cup upside down and lightly bang it against a plate.
- Optional: Top with extra shredded coconut.