We all know on a ketogenic diet that peanut butter is the nectar of the gods, and combining it with chocolate just makes it even better! This mug cake is a classic combination of 2 fantastic flavors that’ll keep you coming back for more. Not only is it delicious, but it’s a great way to get your fats up. If you’re looking low on fats for the day, pop this bad boy in the microwave and you’ll be set straight before you can say ketogenesis!
Just in case you missed out on the previous recipes in this mug cake series, you can check them out:
A lot of people have asked me about the erythritol and stevia together. The reason I use both together is for the taste. Normally erythritol by itself can have a “cooling” after-taste, and stevia by itself can have a bitter aftertaste. Together, they balance each other out. A combination that’s made very well together – giving the sweetness you want without the after taste of the sweeteners.
Oh, and I didn’t mention that both Stevia and erythritol are all natural, they don’t impact blood sugars, and they have a glycemic index of 0. They’re pretty awesome in my book, and I use them on a consistent basis. Erythritol is particularly awesome to me, as it’s not absorbed by the body – as humans, we don’t have the enzymes to break it down – so we excrete it.
Yields 1 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk Mug Cake
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon erythritol
- 7 drops liquid Stevia
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bar (10g) Chocoperfection Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
1. Get your mug ready! Mix together 1 Egg and 2 Tbsp. Butter in your mug.
2. Add 2 Tbsp. Almond Flour, 1 Tbsp. NOW Erythritol, 7 drops liquid stevia, 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract and 1 10g Chunked Chocoperfection Bar (I just broke it up with my fingers).
3. Mix everything together well, then add 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter.
4. Mix everything together again, then microwave on high for 65 seconds (Power Level 10). Turn the mug upside down and lightly bang it onto a plate. It should completely come out of the mug. Optional: Top with whipped cream.
Per serving this is 498 Calories, 47.01g Fats, 5.56g Net Carbs, and 13.07g Protein.
|Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk Mug Cake||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|2 tablespoons almond flour||80||7||3||1.5||1.5||3|
|1 tablespoon erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|7 drops liquid Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.64||0||0.64||0|
|½ teaspoon vanilla extract||6||0||0.27||0||0.27||0|
|1 bar (10g) Chocoperfection Dark Chocolate||39||4||5||3||0||0|
|1 tablespoon peanut butter||96||8.22||3.57||0.8||2.77||3.55|