Fresh, delicious, and unique. These are the 3 words I’d use to describe this mug cake. Tomato is a fantastic thing that can bring mositure, taste, and a unique sense of flavor to a dish.
If you missed out on the last mug cakes, check them out:
Of course you don’t have to serve this with a slice of tomato, but it does really seal the deal when you’re finished. A nice crisp small piece of tomato to get that “I need something fresh” out of your mind. This mug cake is extremely filling, so if the calories are too much for you, feel free to split it in half! Heck, it would even make a great side dish for some chili at dinner time.
Yields 1 Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Mug Cake
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 5 teaspoons sun dried tomato pesto
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Pinch salt
1. Get your mug ready! Add 1 Large Egg, 3 Tbsp. Honeyville Almond Flour, 2 Tbsp. of Room Temperature Butter, 5 tsp. Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder and a pinch of salt.
2. Mix everything together well.
3. Microwave this for 75 seconds on high (power level 10).
4. Then, lightly slam your mug against a plate so that it comes out. Top with extra cheese sun dried tomato and a small wedge of fresh tomato!
Per serving this is 429 Calories, 40.45g Fats, 5.32g Net Carbs, and 12.34g Protein. Of course, you could always split that in half if you can’t afford that many calories!
|Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Mug Cake||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 large egg||80||5.33||0.4||0||0.4||7.03|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|3 tablespoons almond flour||120||10.47||4.49||2.2||2.29||4.49|
|½ teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.64||0||0.64||0|
|5 teaspoons sun dried tomato pesto||24||1.61||2.67||0.7||1.97||0.58|