So I know you guys loved my chocolate mug cake! I am starting a series over the next 2 weeks that will solely be mug cakes. It will be one full week of sweet mug cakes, and one full week of savory mug cakes. Keep an eye out because there’ll be a new flavor every single day!
These things are just awesome, super easy to make, extremely tasty, and best of all – they have great macros on them to match. They’re like a fat bomb without the hassle of freezing them (and without the same taste every single time). They’re calorie packed so they make for a great dessert when I’m Intermittent Fasting and need a good chunk of fat at the end of the day.
The Chai Spice will give you a burst of flavor too – cinnamon, ginger, clove, and cardamom. It all comes together to bring a combination of beautiful flavors that all interplay with each other. A little secret I want to let you in on – these do save well! Actually, to me, they’re even better saved.
What I normally do is cook them in the microwave, leave them in the refrigerator overnight, and then the following day I add heavy cream. Mix it all together into a mush (I know…but trust me), and it tastes like ice cream cake! Give it a try – seriously!
Yields 1 Chai Spice Mug Cake
- 2 Tbsp. Honeyville Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Clove
- 1/4 tsp. Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. Get your mug ready! Of course I had to choose this fitting holiday mug to show the love of chai!
3. Add 2 Tbsp. Room Temperature Butter and 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder, then mix together.
4. Add your spices and flavorings: 2 Tbsp. Honeyville Almond Flour, 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. Ginger, 1/4 tsp. Clove, 1/4 tsp. Cardamom, and 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract. Mix this together well until everything is combined.
5. Microwave on high for 70 seconds (Power Level 10).
6. Turn the mug upside down and lightly bang it onto a plate. It should completely come out of the mug. Optional: Top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
Per serving this is 439 Calories, 42g Fats, 4g Net Carbs, and 12g Protein. Of course, you could always split that in half if you can’t afford that many calories! Or, you could replace a whole meal with this – hello chai spice mug cake for breakfast 🙂
|Chai Spice Keto Mug Cake||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 Tbsp. Butter||200||22||0||0||0||0|
|4 Tbsp. Almond Flour||160||14||6||3||3||6|
|1/2 tsp. Baking Powder||1||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|1/4 tsp. Cinnamon||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Ginger||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Clove||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Cardamom||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Vanilla||2||0||0||0||0||0|