When you think of a mug cake, you might think of one of the sweeter options. But, savory mug cakes can be made too! Not to mention, they’re pretty freakin’ awesome. Cheese really helps these things out with the texture too. It gives a more moist, more delicious, more hearty and filling keto fat bomb that you can actually use to replace a full meal – breakfast or lunch!
Just in case you did miss our sweet series of mug cakes, you can check them out below:
- Chocolate Cake in a Mug
- Chai Spice Keto Mug Cake
- Maple Pecan Keto Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chunk Mug Cake
- Churro Mug Cake
- Coconut Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake
- Vanilla Whisky Keto Mug Cake
The delicious bacon, the butter, the cheese all coming together with flavorings from the chives and Mrs. Dash Table Blend. I used to be a hater of pre-made spice mixes but this one is actually awesome! It’s one of the few I regularly keep around because it compliments almost any dish. Vegetables, meat, seafood – sprinkle it on top of anything you’re cooking or sauteing and you have yourself a nicely seasoned meal. Of course, don’t forget the salt and pepper – this is salt free.
I literally always have some sort of bacon cooked in my house, whether it’s chocolate covered, spice rubbed, cured, or the good ol’ plain stuff. I suggest you do the same! Cook up 2 baking sheets worth (that’s about 20-24 slices) and keep them in the fridge, ready to go at all times. Don’t forget to save the bacon fat off of those either, it’s a perfect way to render a ton of fat and keep it for your own personal uses. This stuff is like gold in my house, and when I see it disappear I know someone’s getting a lecture about it.
Yields 1 Bacon, Cheddar & Chive Mug Cake
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 slices pre-cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar
- 1 tablespoon shredded white cheddar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ¼ teaspoon Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- Pinch of salt
1. Get your mug ready! Alright, I’m using a cup for this one. Add 1 Large Egg and 2 Tbsp. of Room Temperature Butter.
2. Add 2 Slices Chopped Bacon, 2 Tbsp. Honeyville Almond Flour, 1 Tbsp. Chopped Chives, 1 Tbsp. Shredded Cheddar and 1 Tbsp. Shredded White Cheddar.
3. Mix everything together and then add 1/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend – if you’ve never tried this stuff it’s worth a try, really.
4. Lastly, add 1 Tbsp. Honeyville Almond Flour, 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix everything together well.
5. Microwave this for 65 seconds on high (power level 10).
6. Lightly slam your cup against a plate so that it comes out of the mug (or cup in this case). Top with extra chives and enjoy!
Per serving this is 546 Calories, 49.5g Fats, 4g Net Carbs, and 20.1g Protein. Of course, you could always split that in half if you can’t afford that many calories! Or, you could replace a whole meal with this – hello new best lunch ever 🙂
|Bacon, Cheddar, & Chive Mug Cake||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|3 tablespoons almond flour||120||10.47||4.49||2.2||2.29||4.49|
|½ teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.64||0||0.64||0|
|2 slices pre-cooked bacon, chopped||89||7.01||0.22||0||0.22||5.79|
|1 tablespoon shredded cheddar||28||2.33||0.22||0||0.22||1.6|
|1 tablespoon shredded white cheddar||28||2.33||0.22||0||0.22||1.6|
|1 tablespoon chopped chives||1||0.02||0.13||0.1||0.03||0.1|
|¼ teaspoon Mrs. Dash Table Blend||3||0||0||0||0||0|