In a world where protein bars and low carb bars seem to be at the start of each checkout lane, there’s a lot of confusion as to what’s ketogenic and what’s not. Truth be told, there’s very few bars on the market now that are keto friendly (they’re mostly protein and pretty low fat), and there’s tons of bars stocked full of high GI sugar alcohols using marketing to camouflage themselves as low carb. The biggest danger with these high GI bars are that even though they can say they are low carb nutritionally, they will raise blood sugar and insulin levels tremendously. Ultimately, they’re able to knock you out of ketosis. That’s where these coconut cashew bars come in
They’re pretty easy to make, can be refrigerated or frozen depending on what texture you’re going after, and can be carried around with you if you’re in a pinch (keep in mind if they get too warm they will start to melt a bit). Best of all, they’re keto-friendly! If you like a more crumbly texture, feel free to run the cashews through a food processor prior to adding them into the mix – this way you get a lot of small chunks rather than larger pieces.
Yields 8 servings of No Bake Coconut Cashew Bars
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup (like Walden’s Farms or make your own)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Combine melted butter and almond flour in a large bowl and combine.
2. To that, add cinnamon, salt and sugar free maple syrup. Mix well.
3. Next, add shredded coconut and mix again.
4. Roughly chop 1/2 cup of cashews (you may use raw or roasted) and add it into your coconut cashew bar dough. Mix very well to combine everything evenly.
5. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and spread the coconut cashew bar dough in an even layer. You can add some more shredded coconut and cinnamon over top for a prettier presentation.
6. Place them in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours, but preferably over night. Once they’re chilled, slice into bars.
7. Serve up and enjoy!
This makes a total of 8 servings of No Bake Coconut Cashew Bars. Each serving comes out to be 197.36 Calories, 18.39g Fats, 4.45g Net Carbs, and 4.55g Protein.
|Coconut Cashew Bars||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 cup almond flour||640||56||24||12||12||24|
|¼ cup butter, melted||407||46.03||0.03||0||0.03||0.48|
|¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon||6||0.03||2.1||1.4||0.7||0.1|
|½ cup cashews||393||31.75||22.39||2.1||20.29||10.49|
|¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut||133||13.33||5.33||2.7||2.63||1.33|