I’ve been seeing a lot of Pinterest pins for dips lately. It reminded me of this one Mexican restaurant I used to visit that had the best spicy sausage dip. So in memory of the delicious dip I used to eat, I created my own keto version.
I’ve always had a love for spicy foods, and this dip was no exception. For the Italian sausage, I choose to use the hot kind. For an extra kick of spiciness, I added a can of hot Ro*Tel. If you’re not familiar with Ro*Tel, it’s diced tomatoes and green chilies. The hot version uses habaneros. Definitely not for the faint of heart!
Since I love my dips cheesy, I used a mix of cream cheese and diced up some pepper jack cheese. You can use whichever cheese you like, but I really like this combination in the dip.
If you prefer a dip that is a little less spicy, just use mild Italian sausage and a regular can of Ro*Tel.
Yields 28 servings of Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip
- 1 pound hot Italian ground sausage
- 1 (15-ounce) can Ro*Tel Hot Diced Tomato (with Habaneros)
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, diced
1. Using a saucepan, cook the hot Italian sausage on medium until lightly browned.
2. Stir in the can of Ro*Tel and cook for a few minutes.
3. Mix in the green onions and turn off the heat when the Italian sausage has fully browned.
4. Set a slow cooker on high then layer the bottom of the stoneware with the pepper jack cheese, and cream cheese cut into chunks.
5. Pour the Italian sausage on top of the cheese.
6. Then, spread the sour cream on top of the Italian sausage.
7. After about an hour, stir the dip until the cheese is completely incorporated. Then allow to continue cooking. Cook for about two hours total, on high, until the dip is completely done.
This makes a total of 28 servings of Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip. Each serving comes out to be 144 Calories, 12.19g Fats, 2.47g Net Carbs, and 5.61g Protein.
|Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1lb ground hot italian sausage||1360||104||8||0||8||80|
|1 (15-oz) can Ro*Tel||94||0||19||0||19||4|
|¼ cup green onions||5||0.08||1.02||0.3||0.72||0.17|
|8 oz. cream cheese||794||78.11||12.52||0||12.52||13.95|
|16 oz. sour cream||891||87.08||20.84||0||20.84||10.98|
|8 oz. pepper jack cheese||880||71.99||8||0||8||48|
|Per Serving (/28)||143.72||12.19||2.48||0.01||2.47||5.61|