Flank steak is a lean cut of meat. Since it is very lean, it could easily become overcooked so that is why I cooked this steak to medium rare and finished it with slicing it very thin.
This steak is served with a creamy broccoli and cauliflower gratin and a tasty pepper sauce finished with fresh parsley!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Flank Steak with Gratin & Pepper Sauce
Steak & Gratin:
- 8 ounce broccoli
- 8 ounce cauliflower
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
- 20 ounce flank steak
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F and grease a baking dish.
2. Rinse and chop broccoli and cauliflower into small florets.
3. Boil the broccoli and cauliflower together in a pot for about 5 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
4. In a pan over medium heat, add heavy cream, cream cheese, and half the shredded cheddar cheese and stir together until everything is melted.
5. Mix in the broccoli and cauliflower.
6. In a greased baking dish, add this mixture and top with the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
7. While the gratin is cooking, season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
8. In a frying pan over medium to high heat, fry the steak in olive oil for about 4-5 minutes per side. When done, put the steak on a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
9. To make the pepper sauce, add the heavy cream, soy sauce, and ground black pepper to the same pan the steak was cooked in over high heat. Bring to a boil then let it simmer until it becomes creamy.
10. Cut the steak into thin slices.
11. Serve the steak with the gratin and pepper sauce and finish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Flank Steak with Gratin & Pepper Sauce. Each serving comes out to be 835 calories, 65.3g fat, 7.4g net carbs, and 52.3g protein.
|8.00 ounce broccoli||79||0.9||16.3||7.5||8.8||5.4|
|8.00 ounce cauliflower||52||1.1||9.3||5.2||4.1||4.1|
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||42.8||3.2||0||3.2||3.3|
|2.00 ounce cream cheese||194||19.3||2.3||0||2.3||3.5|
|4.00 ounce cheddar cheese||458||37.8||3.5||0||3.5||25.9|
|20.00 ounce flank steak||1089||46.5||0||0||0||158.8|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 cup heavy cream||809||85.7||6.4||0||6.4||6.7|
|1.00 tablespoon soy sauce||8||0.1||0.8||0.1||0.7||1.3|
|0.50 teaspoon black pepper||3||0||0.7||0.3||0.4||0.1|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||3||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||835||65.3||10.8||3.3||7.4||52.3|