Potato salad is a staple of BBQ season, so of course there needs to be a keto version. In this potato salad recipe, we switch out the potatoes for cauliflower. With this low-carb trick, you can’t even tell it’s not potatoes! Plus, they’re easy to make! You’ll be eating them poolside in just minutes.
Usually potato salad calls for sugar, so in this recipe I used Xylitol. However you can use sucralose, stevia, or any other sugar-free sweetener. Just be cautious of the sugar-to-substitute ratio. For example, 1 teaspoon of sugar is equal to 1 teaspoon of xylitol. So you will have to adjust if your substitute is different.
Yields 10 servings of Loaded Cauliflower Salad
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
1. Chop up your cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
2. In a separate bowl, place your hard boiled and peeled eggs. Add in your mayonnaise to the eggs.
3. Top with the rest of your ingredients.
4. Mash with a fork until all your ingredients are mixed and your eggs are now crushed into small pieces.
5. Dump your sauce onto the cauliflower.
6. Mix thoroughly.
7. Top with a little more bacon and green onions.
This makes a total of 10 servings of Loaded Cauliflower Salad. Each serving comes out to be 211.2 Calories, 19.6g Fats, 2.82g Net Carbs, and 4.92g Protein.
|Loaded Cauliflower Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 medium (588 g) head cauliflower||147||1.65||29.22||11.8||17.42||11.29|
|4 large eggs, hard boiled||286||19.02||1.44||0||1.44||25.12|
|1 cup mayonnaise||1496||164.67||1.25||0||1.25||2.11|
|3 slices cooked bacon||133||10.51||0.33||0||0.33||8.68|
|2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar||6||0||0.28||0||0.28||0|
|¼ cup chopped onions||16||0.04||3.74||0.7||3.04||0.44|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic||4||0.01||0.93||0.1||0.83||0.18|
|¾ cup chopped green onions||24||0.14||5.5||1.9||3.6||1.37|
|1 teaspoon sugar substitute||0||0||0||0||0||0|