Fat bombs are one of the best keto hacks. These fat-filled treats are used by thousands of keto dieters to meet their fat needs, boost their energy levels, and satisfy their nagging cravings.
One of my favorite fat bomb recipes is these pumpkin pie fat bombs. Not only are they full of Fall flavors, but they have a level of richness reminiscent of a pumpkin pie cheesecake as well.
If you find yourself fantasizing about pumpkin pie (or pumpkin cheesecake) from the past, but don’t have the time to make a whole keto-friendly dessert, these pumpkin pie fat bombs will hit the spot.
Pumpkin Pie Fat Bomb Ingredients
Though there are dozens of ways to get your pumpkin pie fix, we found that this combination of keto ingredients yields the best fat bomb:
- Canned pumpkin — Any sugar-free pumpkin puree will do. Double-check the label to make sure there is no added sugar. The only ingredient should be pumpkin or pumpkin puree.
- Cream cheese — Plain, full-fat cream cheese is the way to go. Flavored and lower fat varieties tend to have added sugars.
- Butter — For the best flavor and better health, use 100% grass-fed butter.
- Pecans — In terms of carbs, fat content, and health benefits, pecans are among the top three nuts for keto. Plus, their flavor goes wonderfully with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pumpkin pie spice — You can use pre-mixed pumpkin spice or make your own by using this homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe.
- An ice-cube tray (or any other mold) — Since the batter is soft, you’ll need a mold that keeps it in place as it cools and solidifies. Virtually any mold or muffin pan will work, as long as each fat bomb isn’t too big for you. Another option is to scoop out the batter onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, freeze the batter, and cut it into individual servings.
As you can see from the ingredients list, these fat bombs will be simple, satisfying, high in fat, and absolutely delicious. Now, let’s find out how to make them.
Bonus Tips, Tricks, and Substitutions to Customize Your Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs
If you want to try a different variation of these classic pumpkin pie fat bombs, try experimenting with one or more of the following tips:
- Add your keto sweetener of choice. If your fat bombs aren’t satisfying your sweet tooth as much as you’d like, try adding a small amount of your preferred sugar-free sweetener. Check out our guide to keto-friendly sweeteners for a list of the best options.
- Add keto-friendly flavorings. The best flavoring options for these fat bombs will be a sugar-free vanilla extract, maple extract, and keto maple syrup. This will allow you to add some extra sweetness and flavor with just one extra ingredient.
- Convert them into pumpkin cheesecake fat bombs. To make the recipe creamier with more of a cheesecake tanginess, try decreasing the butter and increasing the amount of cream cheese and mascarpone until you get the desire flavor and texture.
- Make them 100% dairy-free and vegan. Surprisingly enough, it is just as easy to make pumpkin pie fat bombs that are both vegan and keto-friendly. To find out how, check out our pumpkin fudge recipe.
These tips address the most common FAQs we receive regarding this recipe. For some more keto culinary inspiration, read through our comprehensive guide to fat bombs.
Yields 12 servings of Keto Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 1/4 cup erythritol, powdered
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans
1. Let your butter and cream cheese get to room temp, or melt in the microwave if it’s not soft to the touch.
2. Combine the pumpkin puree, butter, and cream cheese together.
3. Once a mixture is formed, add the powdered erythritol and pumpkin pie spice. Mix together until smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray or candy molds of your choice.
5. Optionally toast up the pecans in an oven at 350F for 8-10 minutes, or toast in a pan over medium heat until fragrant.
6. Top the fat bombs with the chopped pecans and press gently.
7. Put in the fridge or freezer until set and can be removed from molds.
This makes a total of 12 servings of Keto Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs. Each fat bomb comes out to be 137 Calories, 14.1g Fats, 1.4g Net Carbs, and 1.2g Protein.
|1/2 cup butter||814||92||0||0||0||1|
|1/2 cup pumpkin puree||42||0.3||9.9||3.6||6.3||1.3|
|4 oz. cream cheese||397||39||6.3||0||6.3||7|
|1/4 cup erythritol, powdered||20||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice||12||0.5||2.5||0.5||2||0.2|
|1/2 cup pecans||359||37||7.2||5||2.2||4.8|
|Per Serving (/12)||137.0||14.1||2.2||0.8||1.4||1.2|