Oh the joys of maple syrup! Through the years, I’ve experimented and used many syrups that are low carb. Mrs. Butterworths Sugar Free Maple Syrup has always been a pleasure of mine to use, though I do use it rarely. It’s got aspartame so I know others wouldn’t want to use it.
Torani also does some awesome syrups, but I have decided that Torani is kind of expensive for what it is. I realize many people have a budget and many people like to make their own foods to their own tastes. So, I ventured out to make a great maple syrup that will supplement any of the pancakes or sweets that require it.
I just want to point out that the Maple Extract I was using (after reading on it) seems to be weaker than others. So, if you are using a concentrated maple extract, make sure you measure in 1/2 tsp. increments to make sure you are getting the taste you want!
Yields 1 Cup Maple Syrup, 4 Servings Total
- 2 ¼ teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup NOW Foods Erythritol
- ¾ cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- Optional: ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a microwave safe container, mix together 2 ¼ teaspoons coconut oil, 1 tablespoon butter, and ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum.
2. Microwave the oil and butter together for 40-50 seconds, until melted and hot.
4. Mix ¾ cup filtered water and ¼ Cup Powdered Erythritol into the mixture.
5. Add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 teaspoons maple extract. Your maple extract may vary, so make sure you taste as you add.
6. Mix everything together well until combined.
7. Microwave the mixture for 40-60 seconds and stir. Let cool and serve!
Per ¼ Cup Serving, this will be 56 Calories, 5.39g Fats, 0.34g Net Carbs, and 0.03g Protein.
|Thick and Sticky Maple Syrup||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 ¼ teaspoons coconut oil||90||10.03||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter||102||11.52||0.01||0||0.01||0.12|
|¼ teaspoon xanthan gum||2||0||0.58||0.58||0||0|
|¼ cup NOW Foods Erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon vanilla extract||6||0||0.27||0||0.27||0|
|2 teaspoons maple extract||24||0.01||1.06||0||1.06||0.01|