An asparagus salad topped with bacon and eggs, then dressed with a tangy dijon vinaigrette. The dressing is easily made with pantry staples that you likely have on hand. That makes it great for whipping up any time you find great asparagus.
You can save time by making extra hard-boiled eggs or bacon when you cook them for other recipes. That way, all you have to do is blanch the asparagus and create the dressing. I like to have both in my fridge at all times.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Asparagus, Egg, and Bacon Salad
- 16 ounces asparagus spears
- 3 ounces bacon
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Trim the asparagus, then chop into 1-2 inch segments.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the asparagus into the pot and boil for 3-4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the asparagus from the boiling water and transfer to a bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking process.
3. Chop the bacon into small pieces and then cook in a pan over medium heat until rendered and crisp.
4. Add all of the dressing ingredients into a bowl along with the bacon fat from the pan that you cooked the bacon in. Whisk together vigorously to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Assemble the salad by combining the asparagus, bacon, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and dressing. Mix together and serve.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Asparagus, Egg, and Bacon Salad. Each serving comes out to be 481 Calories, 39.4g Fats, 5.35g Net Carbs, and 23.05g Protein.
|Keto Asparagus, Egg, and Bacon Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|16 ounces asparagus spears||91||0.5||17.6||9.5||8.1||10|
|3 ounces bacon||453||39.7||0||0||0||22.7|
|2 large hard-boiled eggs||155||10.6||1.1||0||1.1||12.6|
|2 tablespoons avocado oil||241||27.3||0||0||0||0|
|2 tablespoons red wine vinegar||6||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|1 tablespoon dijon mustard||9||0.5||0.9||0.6||0.3||0.6|
|1 teaspoon fresh garlic||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes||3||0.2||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.1|