Everyone loves a good stir-fry! Stir-fries are simple, easy to throw together, keep well for leftovers the next day, and best of all, you can tailor the ingredients to include.
This stir-fry recipe is no different. The stars of the show are ground beef and green cabbage, which complement each other perfectly. Cabbage is a popular vegetable for a reason. It’s full of impressive benefits, including being packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, lowering inflammation, and improving digestion with its fiber-rich content.
Ground beef is a good protein option for stir-fries as it cooks quickly and absorbs spices and flavorings well. Beef is also red meat, so it is high in heme iron. Iron is essential to keep your body healthy as it helps your muscles grow while assisting the transport of oxygen to your whole body. Getting enough iron is necessary, making beef a protein favorite amongst the general population. Due to its low-carb nature, ground beef is also a keto staple.
With white wine vinegar, tomato paste, and leeks, the sauce has an excellent depth of flavor. The ingredients are also incredibly warming, making this stir-fry a great option for weeknight dinners or as a comfort meal on colder days.
Don’t forget to top off the dish with a generous dollop of sour cream before serving. Enjoy!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Italian Cabbage Stir Fry
- 16 ounce green cabbage
- 4 tablespoon butter, divided
- 16 ounce ground beef
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 3 ounce green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 ounce fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for serving
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Using a knife or a mandolin, shred the cabbage finely.
3. Over low to medium heat, heat the cabbage with half of the butter. Let this cook for about 10 minutes or until the cabbage turns soft.
4. Add the red wine vinegar, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Stir together well and let everything combine. Take the cabbage out of the pot and set aside.
5. In the same pan, add the rest of the butter, fresh garlic, and green onions. Stir to combine well.
6. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until the beef browns.
7. Add tomato paste and stir well. Add the cooked cabbage back to the pan along with basil.
8. Serve with sour cream. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Italian Cabbage Stir Fry. Each serving comes out to be 498 calories, 40g fat, 8.4g net carbs, and 23.2g protein.
|16.00 ounce green cabbage||113||0.3||26.3||11.3||15||5.8|
|4.00 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|16.00 ounce ground beef||1152||90.7||0||0||0||77.9|
|1.00 tablespoon red wine vinegar||3||0||0||0||0.0||0.0|
|1.00 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon onion powder||8||0||1.9||0.4||1.5||0.2|
|0.25 teaspoon black pepper||1||0||0.3||0.1||0.2||0.1|
|2.00 tablespoon tomato paste||27||0.2||6.2||1.4||4.9||1.4|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|3.00 ounce green onion||27||0.2||6.2||2.2||4||1.5|
|2.50 ounce fresh basil||16||0.5||1.9||1.1||0.7||2.2|
|0.50 cup sour cream||228||22.3||5.3||0||5.3||2.8|
|Per Serving (/4)||498||40||12.5||4.2||8.4||23.2|