Tuck into this inviting bowl of simply made yet delicious broccoli soup. We make this without any flour or added thickeners. Just broccoli, almond milk, whipping cream, and cheese. A healthy squeeze of lemon juice adds the perfect amount of brightness. Feel free to make this with fresh florets or even frozen broccoli.
You’ll just need a blender to puree half of the soup. You could also use a stick blender, just be sure to leave some chunks of broccoli intact. This soup is great served with pesto crackers. If you want to use it as a side instead, then divide it into smaller portions and serve with our lemony chicken thighs!
Yields 4 servings of Low-Carb Broccoli Lemon Parmesan Soup
- 32 ounces broccoli florets
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add the broccoli and water to a pot and cook over medium-high heat until broccoli is tender.
2. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid from the pot and discard the rest.
3. Add half of the broccoli, reserved cooking liquid, unsweetened almond milk, heavy cream, and salt and pepper to a blender. Blend well until smooth.
4. Add the blended ingredients into the remaining broccoli in the pot and stir together with Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Continue cooking until heated through.
5. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese over the top.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Low-Carb Broccoli Lemon Parmesan Soup. Each serving comes out to be 371 Calories, 28.38g Fats, 11.67g Net Carbs, and 14.63g Protein.
|Low-Carb Broccoli Lemon Parmesan Soup||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|32.00 ounces broccoli||318||3.7||65.1||29.9||35.2||21.6|
|1.00 cup unsweetened almond milk||29||2.6||1.2||0.7||0.5||1.2|
|1.00 cup heavy cream||809||85.7||6.4||0||6.4||6.7|
|0.75 cup parmesan cheese||323||21.5||3.1||0||3.1||28.9|
|2.00 tablespoon lemon juice||5||0||1.7||0.2||1.5||0.2|