How does parsley-crusted cod drizzled with velvety brown butter placed atop a bed of buttery zucchini noodles and roasted walnuts sound? If your mouth is watering, you will love this elegant dish. This super tasty dish is an absolute winner. It’s also packed full of important vitamins and minerals, making it an excellent choice for a satisfying and healthy dinner.
Making this dish involves a few steps, but you will thank yourself for going to the trouble. You start by making the zucchini noodles and chopping the parsley and walnuts. Then you’ll lightly roast the nuts in a skillet, and mix the parsley with the cheese to make the coating for the fish. Remove the walnuts from the pan to coat the fish, then fry the fish to perfection with butter.
When the fish is ready, give the zoodles a quick fry in the same pan that you cooked the fish. Then the fun part begins. This dish looks super impressive on the plate. Create a bed of zoodles and place the fish on top, followed by a drizzle of brown butter and roasted walnuts. Then serve it up and enjoy!
Beyond its aesthetic appeal and remarkable taste, we love the balance of nutrients in this dish. The ingredients provide a great source of essential vitamins and minerals that contribute to your overall well-being. This means you can enjoy this sophisticated meal guilt-free!
Yields 2 servings of Keto Parsley Cod with Walnut Zoodles
- 14 ounce cod fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 1/2 ounce zucchini, spiralized
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Season cod with salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a small bowl or mortar and pestle, crush the walnuts and set aside.
3. Mix together the parmesan cheese and parsley, then press cod into the mixture to coat as well as you can.
4. Add half of the butter into a pan over medium heat. Once bubbling, add in the cod fillets and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Once done, remove from pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan, add the rest of the butter and turn the heat to medium-high. Add in the zoodles and season with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook zoodles until tender, about 2-4 minutes. About 1-2 minutes before they are ready, add in the crushed walnuts and allow to toast in the butter as the zoodles cook.
6. Serve zoodles with the cod. Drizzle any remaining butter from the pan over the fish and zoodles. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Parsley Cod with Walnut Zoodles. The serving comes out to be 569 calories, 37.9g fats, 2.9g net carbs, and 53.6g protein.
|14.00 ounce wild alaskan cod||417||3.6||0||0||0||91.3|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 ounce walnuts||185||18.5||3.9||1.9||2||4.3|
|4.00 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese||108||7.2||1||0||1||9.6|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||3||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|3.50 ounce zucchini||15||0.4||2.7||1||1.7||1.1|
|4.00 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|0.50 teaspoon onion powder||4||0||0.9||0.2||0.8||0.1|
|0.00 teaspoon garlic powder||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||569||37.9||4.5||1.7||2.9||53.6|