These keto turkey taco bowls are a 20-minute meal-prep solution for busy lives. Combine flavorsome turkey mince with lightly toasted cauliflower rice, top with avocado and cilantro, and voilà: a hearty and nutritious lunch meal just like that! Get your delicious midday health hit in with minimal preparation and none of the hassle.
The beauty of this recipe is how fast and easy it is. Two main ingredients, one pan, and a boatload of tasty spices and herbs go into this 20-minute delight. The recipe makes for three portions but can easily be doubled for a week full of tasty turkey taco bowls.
Though they’re sure to become a staple in your weekly meal plan, the same ‘ol thing every day is bound to get old pretty quick. Thankfully, it’s absolutely zero effort to change this recipe up: swap out your protein with beef, chicken, or pork—or why not treat yourself to a salmon filet? If you’re over the cauliflower rice, try substituting for zucchini noodles or roasted broccoli. Experiment with your herbs and spices to get new, delicious flavors.
Whether you go with our recipe or your own variation, don’t forget the cherry on top (or in this case, the avocado). Avocado offers a cool, creamy sweetness to an otherwise spicy and savory dish. It’s also incredibly good for you, containing an excellent array of vitamins, nutrients, minerals, and healthy fats. Top it all off with a few cilantro leaves, and your week is sorted!
Yields 3 servings of Keto Turkey Taco Bowls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounce ground turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 250 gram cauliflower rice
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Then add in the ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Mix to combine well.
3. Cook the turkey stirring occasionally until it’s brown.
4. Distribute the ground turkey into bowls.
5. Make the cauliflower rice by adding it to the same pan. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the cauliflower rice to the bowls along with avocado slices, cheddar cheese, and chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Turkey Taco Bowls. Each serving comes out to be 440 calories, 41.8g fat, 4.1g net carbs, and 30.6g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|10.00 ounce ground turkey||731||76.5||0||0||0||70.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon onion powder||4||0||1||0.2||0.8||0.1|
|0.50 teaspoon cumin||4||0.2||0.5||0.1||0.4||0.2|
|0.25 teaspoon cayenne pepper||1||0.1||0.3||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|250.00 gram cauliflower rice||63||0.8||12.5||5||7.5||4.8|
|0.50 medium avocado||150||13.9||7.8||6||1.7||1.8|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh cilantro||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 cup cheddar cheese||247||20.4||1.9||0||1.9||14|
|Per Serving (/3)||440||41.8||7.9||3.9||4.1||30.6|