Shredded chicken combined with avocado to make an easy, creamy, no-cook meal that’s perfect for lunch. It takes only a few minutes to prepare and saves great in the fridge for leftover lunches in the future. The crunch of the red bell pepper and acidity from the lime juice compliment this salad to create a fresh and balanced flavor profile.
To make a more complete meal, this goes great on a bed of spinach for a bit of extra crunch and micronutrients. If you need to up the fat content, you can drizzle with a bit more olive oil or add in some additional mayo to the chicken salad. Conversely, you can use a bit more canned (or shredded) chicken to up the protein should you need it.
If you don’t enjoy the heat, you can leave out the cayenne completely. Optionally add in a diced jalapeno instead of the cayenne to add a fresher, more mild heat that will add some extra crunch to the salad.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Venezuelan Chicken Salad
- 8 ounce canned chicken breast
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Drain the canned chicken breast, or cook chicken breast on a stovetop and shred the meat.
2. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together gently to combine chicken with oil and avocado pieces.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Venezuelan Chicken Salad. Each serving comes out to be 526 calories, 40.3g fats, 4.7g net carbs, and 31g protein.
|8 ounce canned chicken breast||420||18.4||2||0||2||57.4|
|1 medium avocado||301||27.7||15.6||12.2||3.3||3.5|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium red bell pepper||18||0.2||3.5||1.2||2.3||0.6|
|2 tablespoon mayonnaise||187||20.6||0.2||0||0.2||0.3|
|1 tablespoon lime juice||4||0||1.3||0.1||1.2||0.1|
|2 tablespoon fresh cilantro||0||0||0.1||0.1||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon cayenne pepper||3||0.2||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.1|
|salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||526||40.3||11.6||6.9||4.7||31.0|