This simple spinach salad is easily dressed with mayo, salt, and pepper then topped with bacon and eggs. It’s great for lunch or as a side for dinner, plus it’s made from simple ingredients that many of us always have on hand. Spinach is the perfect base for this meal and is packed with much-needed magnesium and potassium.
You can crisp the strips of bacon and boil the eggs ahead of time to have this salad as an easy lunch option. It’s also easy to pack for lunch, just bring the mayonnaise in a separate container. This salad is one of my all-time favorite easy options.
Yields 4 servings of Easy Spinach and Bacon Salad
- 8 ounces spinach
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs
- 6 ounces bacon
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until rendered and crispy. Once cooked, chop into pieces and set aside.
2. Slice the hard-boiled eggs and rinse the spinach if desired.
3. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mayonnaise, and remaining bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the bacon, red onion, and sliced eggs into the salad and toss together. Serve immediately.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Easy Spinach and Bacon Salad. Each serving comes out to be 509.15 Calories, 45.9g Fats, 2.5g Net Carbs, and 19.75g Protein.
|Easy Spinach and Bacon Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|8 ounces spinach||52||0.6||8.5||5.4||3.1||6.7|
|4 large hard-boiled eggs||310||21.2||2.2||0||2.2||25.2|
|6 ounces bacon||907||79.4||0||0||0||45.4|
|1/2 medium red onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise||748||82.3||0.6||0||0.6||1.1|