Oh man – if you’ve never had blue cheese and bacon together then you are in for a real treat. It is very delicious, and a combination that makes this salad one of the best I’ve ever had.
Now this recipe is very similar to a Cobb salad, but minus a few ingredients. I would recommend adding some hard boiled eggs to this delicious dish if you want. It gives it a bit more variety, however by itself, this salad is still perfect.
Yields 6 servings of Blue Cheese and Bacon Salad
- 100 grams romaine lettuce
- 70 grams baby spinach
- 50 grams kale
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 60 grams blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
1. In a small bowl, combine your sour cream and mayonnaise.
2. Stir in half of your blue cheese and set aside.
3. In a larger salad bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
4. Scoop some of the salad into individual bowls and top with the blue cheese dressing.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Blue Cheese and Bacon Salad. Each serving comes out to be 183.17 Calories, 15.62g Fats, 2.41g Net Carbs, and 6.71g Protein.
|Blue Cheese and Bacon Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|100 grams romaine lettuce||17||0.3||3.29||2.1||1.19||1.23|
|70 grams baby spinach||16||0.27||2.54||1.5||1.04||2|
|50 grams kale||18||0.74||2.21||2||0.21||1.46|
|6 slices cooked bacon||266||21.03||0.66||0||0.66||17.36|
|12 grape tomatoes||37||0.41||7.94||2.4||5.54||1.8|
|1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced||227||20.96||11.75||9.2||2.55||2.67|
|60 grams blue cheese||212||17.24||1.4||0||1.4||12.84|
|3 tablespoons sour cream||71||6.97||1.67||0||1.67||0.88|
|2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise||235||25.81||0.2||0||0.2||0.33|