This tart is so versatile, it is brilliant for grab and go breakfasts, packed lunches, or to come home to after a busy day for a quick and nutritious evening meal. The recipe makes 8 slices and keeps very well in the fridge, so put aside a little time at the weekend to bake the dish and you are set up for the week ahead!
Taking influences from a French quiche with the classic flavors of bacon and broccoli, encased in a crisp pastry, this is a hearty tart. The addition of tangy Parmesan, punchy fresh herbs, and colorful green onions is my own twist.
This is one of the recipes I return to time and time again and you can mix up the filling ingredients to fit with whatever you have in the pantry; keep a meat or seafood ingredient then experiment with vegetable variations!
This recipe makes 8 servings of Keto Bacon and Broccoli Tart
- 3 cups almond meal
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 7 ounces chopped bacon
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- 3 stalks green onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine all the pasty ingredients in a large bowl until a dough has formed, it is easiest to use your hands!
2. Place the ball of dough between two sheets of parchment and roll out until the dough is around 0.5 cm thick then lay your dough over a 10-inch tart dish and gently push into shape, trimming any excess with a knife.
3. Bake the dough blind (with ceramic baking beans or similar) for 10 minutes, then remove the parchment paper and baking beans and return the pastry to the oven for another 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, assemble your filling ingredients. Finely chop the onion, herbs and green onions and grate the Parmesan.
5. Combine all the filling ingredients apart from the green onions and mix well. Pour into your pastry case.
6. Top the tart with the green onions and bake in the oven for 30-35 mins, or until the filling is firm to the touch.
This makes a total of 8 servings of bacon and broccoli tart. Each serving comes out to be 487.75 Calories, 40.88g Fats, 6.33g Net Carbs, and 23.21g Protein.
|Bacon and Broccoli Tart||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net carbs(g)||protein(g)|
|3 cups almond meal||1919||168||72||36||36||72|
|10 large eggs||715||47.55||3.6||0||3.6||62.8|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|7 ounces bacon||777||73.42||0||0||0||27.01|
|1 cup broccoli||31||0.34||6.04||2.4||3.64||2.57|
|1 small red onion||29||0.14||5.53||1||4.43||0.84|
|1/2 cup parmesan||216||14.3||2.03||0||2.03||19.23|
|1/4 cup flat leaf parsley||5||0.16||0.95||0.5||0.45||0.45|
|1/4 cup fresh chives||4||0.09||0.52||0.3||0.22||0.39|
|3 green onions||2||0.01||0.44||0.2||0.24||0.11|
|per serving (/8)||487.75||40.88||11.39||4.49||6.33||23.21|