This is one true schnitzel. If you don’t know what schnitzel is, it is a thinly slice of meat that is breaded and fried. Schnitzel originated in Europe, more specifically German. You achieve this very thin slice of meat by pounding it with a meat tenderizer. It is then served with a mayonnaise base, and lemon slices.
I have paired all of this with some fresh green beans and capers. The breading is outstanding on this, all the while still being keto friendly of course!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Schnitzel with Green Beans
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounce butter
- 24 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced + pounded
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 14 ounce green beans
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers
1. Measure out and prepare the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, mix up the eggs with a fork. On a plate, add the seasonings of parmesan cheese, almond flour, salt, pepper, thyme, onion powder, and garlic powder.
3. Grab the thinly sliced + pounded chicken breasts, dip them in the egg batter on both sides then into the seasonings on both sides.
4. Add butter to a frying pan over medium heat.
5. Add in the seasoned chicken, letting it cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
6. Add the green beans to the same pan. Let these sautee for 5 about minutes.
7. In a bowl, combine the dijon mustard and the mayonnaise. Stir to combine well.
8. Serve the seasoned chicken with the green beans, mayonnaise mixture, capers, and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Schnitzel with Green Beans. Each serving comes out to be 854 calories, 59.2g fat, 8.9g net carbs, and 66.2g protein.
|1.00 large egg||79||5.2||0.4||0||0.4||6.9|
|0.75 cup parmesan cheese||323||21.5||3.1||0||3.1||28.9|
|0.25 cup almond flour||162||14||6.2||3.6||2.5||5.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 teaspoon dried thyme||7||0.2||1.5||0.9||0.6||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon onion powder||8||0||1.9||0.4||1.5||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0||2.3||0.3||2||0.5|
|2.00 ounce butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|24.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast||1123||24.5||0||0||0||210.9|
|1.00 tablespoon dijon mustard||9||0.5||0.9||0.6||0.3||0.6|
|0.75 cup mayonnaise||1122||123.5||0.9||0||0.9||1.6|
|14.00 ounce green beans||139||1.1||31.3||12.7||18.6||7.5|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|1.00 tablespoon capers||2||0.1||0.4||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||854||59.2||14.2||5.3||8.9||66.2|