Are you ready for this stick-to-your-rib noodle dish that just happens to be low-carb? Eggplant noodles soak up all of the bacon fat then is coated with a quick Alfredo sauce and tossed with crispy bacon. Eggplant and Bacon Alfredo is a hearty dinner that everyone will love.
Eggplant noodles are one of my new favorite things. Their spongy texture is perfect for soaking up sauce and fat without becoming too watery or too greasy. Recently we put up another eggplant noodle recipe featuring sesame and cilantro flavors if you’d like to try some more eggplant dishes.
If there is too much leftover then I have found that this dish reheats surprisingly well! This was just as good packed in a lunch for the next day too.
Yields 6 servings of Eggplant and Bacon Alfredo
- 1 pound bacon
- 1½ pounds eggplant
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Chop up the bacon and fry over medium heat in a large skillet.
2. When the bacon has rendered out and becomes crisp then remove it from the pan and drain on paper towels. Save all of the bacon grease.
3. Peel and julienne the eggplant. Cook it in the bacon grease until it softens. In the pictures you can see that I changed pans because the first one wasn’t going to be big enough. You can use the same pan if it’s large enough for all the eggplant.
4. As the eggplant cooks it will soak up all the bacon grease. Create a well in the center then add the 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir all the noodles so that they become coated with the melted butter then mix in the grated garlic.
5. Pour the cup of heavy whipping cream into the pan. Add the white wine and lemon juice then stir together.
6. Add the cup of shredded Parmesan cheese and stir.
7. Mix in about half of the bacon.
8. Serve with the remaining bacon sprinkled on top. Chopped up fresh basil also makes a great garnish.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Eggplant and Bacon Alfredo. Each serving comes out to be 564 Calories, 51.25g Fats, 6.34g Net Carbs, and 16.7g Protein.
|Eggplant and Bacon Alfredo||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 lb bacon||1843||175.43||5.66||0||5.66||55.75|
|1.5 lbs peeled eggplant||172||1.24||40.4||20.6||19.8||6.73|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.87||6.52||0||6.52||6.76|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese||332||21.87||2.73||0||2.73||30.29|
|1 tablespoon white wine||12||0||0.38||0||0.38||0.01|
|2 cloves (6 g) garlic||9||0.03||1.98||0.1||1.88||0.38|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice||3||0.04||1.05||0||1.05||0.05|