Salisbury steak has a long history with the low-carb community. It’s named after Dr. Salisbury, who was an early advocate for the low carb style of eating. His diet recommending eating these three times a day, which is probably a bit much. It’s almost a bit funny that most of the Salisbury steak served today has high carb fillers, gravy with flour in it, or noodles on the side. This recipe takes Salisbury steak back to its low carb roots.
This Salisbury steak uses almond flour in the beef patties, then serves it up with mashed cauliflower and savory mushroom gravy. While the beef patties are cooking in the oven, whip up the gravy for a meal that comes together quickly. This dinner is great for meal prep too.
Yields 3 servings of Keto Salisbury Steak with Mashed Cauliflower
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 12 ounces ground beef
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
1. Bring a pot of water to boil, and season it liberally with salt. Add the cauliflower and boil for 10 minutes or until it’s tender.
2. Drain the cauliflower then transfer it to a bowl to mash up with the butter and almond milk. Set it aside.
3. Preheat your oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
4. In a bowl mix together the ground beef, almond flour, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
5. Divide the mixture into patties to create the Salisbury steaks, then place on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the patties are cooked through.
6. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil to start the mushroom gravy. Add the mushrooms then cook until they soften and brown.
7. Pour in the beef broth and stir often, scraping up and browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
8. Whisk in the sour cream then remove the pan from the heat. Season them with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve the Salisbury steaks with the mashed cauliflower. Top with the mushroom gravy.
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Salisbury Steak with Mashed Cauliflower. Each serving comes out to be 512.07 Calories, 35.83g Fats, 6.77g Net Carbs, and 37.23g Protein.
|Keto Salisbury Steak with Mashed Cauliflower||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 cups cauliflower florets||86||1.7||15||8.6||6.4||6.8|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||12||0||0||0||0.1|
|3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk||5.6||0.5||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.2|
|12 ounces ground beef||925||59||0||0||0||92|
|¼ cup almond flour||162||14||6||3.5||2.5||5.9|
|2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley||0.9||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce||8.9||0||2.2||0||2.2||0|
|¼ teaspoon onion powder||2||0||0.5||0.1||0.4||0.1|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder||2.6||0||0.6||0.1||0.5||0.1|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||14||0||0||0||0|
|1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms||66||1.1||12||5.1||6.9||5.1|
|¼ cup beef broth||4.2||0.1||0||0||0||0.7|
|2 tablespoons sour cream||52||5.1||1.2||0||1.2||0.6|