Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love? This recipe is filled with ingredients and flavors that will be loved by children and adults alike.
This dish uses flank steak cut into strips. This cut of beef is incredibly flavorful and lean. Despite its low-fat content, flank steak can be tender and juicy when prepared well and with accompanying sauces. If you prefer, swap flank steak with any type of beef cut you’d like. However, this will change the nutritional content so take note if you are strictly counting macros.
Whey protein adds a punch of protein to the dish but doesn’t taste noticeable, instead providing a light flavor and texture to the beef.
The savory, oriental-inspired Mongolian sauce elevates this dish. Grated ginger, garlic, and soy sauce are all complementary flavors, and when mixed with the beef, it creates a dark, umami sauce that is finger-licking good. The green onions are a must-have as they add a subtle crunch and texture to the dish.
The cauliflower rice has a savory, slightly nutty flavor with sesame oil and avocado oil. If you prefer, sub out the cauliflower rice with some steamed or roasted green veggies. Don’t forget to sprinkle on a garnish of sesame seeds before serving. Enjoy!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Mongolian Beef with Cauliflower Rice
- 16 ounce flank steak, cut into strips against grain
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low-carb protein powder
- 4 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 medium green onion
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- 360 gram cauliflower, riced
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Rice the cauliflower.
2. In a bowl, add the steak with soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir to combine well. Let this marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, make the sauce by combining the grated ginger, minced garlic, soy sauce, and green onions.
4. In a skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium to high heat.
5. On a plate, coat the steak strips in protein powder.
6. Add the coated steak strips to the pan with the hot oil. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes on each side or until done. Once thoroughly cooked, remove the steak strips from the pan and set over paper towels to let extra oil drain off.
7. Add the beef and sauce back into the pan and let simmer for a few minutes.
8. Over medium heat, add the avocado oil and sesame oil to the skillet. Add the riced cauliflower to the pan and let cook for 6 – 8 minutes or until done.
9. Serve the flank steak strips over a bed of cauliflower rice. Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Mongolian Beef with Cauliflower Rice. Each serving comes out to be 499 calories, 34.5g fat, 4.6g net carbs, and 40.4g protein.
|16.00 ounce flank steak||871||37.2||0||0||0||127|
|1.00 tablespoon soy sauce||8||0.1||0.8||0.1||0.7||1.3|
|2.00 teaspoon sesame oil||80||9.1||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup low-carb protein powder||85||0.4||1.5||0.8||0.8||18.9|
|4.00 tablespoon avocado oil||482||54.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh ginger||5||0.1||1.1||0.1||1||0.1|
|4.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||17||0.1||3.8||0.2||3.5||0.7|
|0.25 cup soy sauce||34||0.4||3.1||0.5||2.6||5.2|
|4.00 medium green onion||19||0.1||4.4||1.6||2.8||1.1|
|2.00 teaspoon sesame seeds||30||2.6||1.4||0.8||0.6||0.9|
|360.00 gram cauliflower||83||1.8||14.8||8.3||6.5||6.5|
|2.00 tablespoon avocado oil||241||27.3||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon sesame oil||40||4.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||499||34.5||7.7||3.1||4.6||40.4|