Nothing is as simple or as convenient as a sheet pan meal! This recipe has simple ingredients, but when it comes together, it still tastes fantastic. Sausage, zucchini, squash, and parmesan cheese work in harmony to make a low-carb meal that will have you coming back for seconds.
The zucchini and sausage pieces are roughly cut into bite-sized pieces, making this recipe family-friendly and great for younger children. You can also adjust how crunchy or soft you want your zucchini and squash by altering the cooking time or size.
Zucchini is highly versatile and can be used in many dishes. It tastes great chopped up, roasted whole, or even spiralized into zoodles. Zucchini is low in calories, cholesterol, and sodium and can help protect your skin, reduce oxidative stress, and even strengthen your bones.
The dish is topped off with cheese. Make sure you grate real parmesan cheese instead of using the powdered type. While it might seem interchangeable, real parmesan will melt nicely and give a cheesy, slightly burnt flavor that works incredibly well with the rest of the ingredients!
This sausage and zucchini sheet pan meal can be served on their own, but it also works with some cauliflower rice or paired with extra veggies. It can also keep well and tastes just as good as leftovers the next day.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Sausage and Zucchini Sheet Pan Meal
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounce pork sausage, smoked
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Slice the smoked sausage into bite sized pieces and preheat oven to 450F.
2. Wash the zucchini and squash and pat dry. Chop the zucchini into small sized pieces then half them.
3. Put the zucchini and squash in a bowl. Toss it in olive oil Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Arrange the zucchini and squash on the baking sheet evenly apart.
5. Arrange the sausage in between the zucchini and squash.
6. Bake this in the oven for 15 minutes total, flipping half way.
7. After 15 minutes, sprinkle the zucchini with the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
8. Put back in the oven for 12 more minutes or until the parmesan starts to melt and the zucchini becomes crispy.
9. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Sausage and Zucchini Sheet Pan Meal. Each serving comes out to be 581 calories, 45.2g fat, 8g net carbs, and 33.7g protein.
|2.00 medium zucchini||65||2||11.7||4.3||7.3||5.0|
|2.00 medium yellow squash||109||0||20.5||6.8||13.7||6.8|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 teaspoon italian seasoning||6||0.2||1.2||0.8||0.5||0.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce pork sausage||1474||123.6||6.4||0||6.4||84.1|
|1.00 cup grated parmesan cheese||431||28.6||4.1||0||4.1||38.5|
|Per Serving (/4)||581||45.2||11||3||8||33.7|