This miso salmon is a light and flavorful way to add more seafood and healthy fats into your diet! The salmon fillets are marinated in sake, white wine, and miso for two days before cooking. This saturates the fish with a wonderful flavor.
You can leave the skin on, or remove the skin too. It’s really up to you, but crispy salmon skin can be a wonderful treat.
This recipe goes great with a side salad, or you can make some seafood tacos using our keto tortillas. I made some zoodles and served with flaked leftover miso salmon the second night and it was wonderful.
Just remember to get this marinating in the miso mixture 1-2 days in advance.
Yields 4 servings of Miso Salmon
- 1.25 pounds salmon fillets with skin
- Kosher salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons miso, white miso preferred
1. Cut the salmon up into fillets. I had two large pieces so I just cut these in half.
2. Sprinkle the kosher salt over the fillets and allow to sit for 30 minutes. This will draw out some of the moisture.
3. Wet a paper towel with a tablespoon of the sake and carefully dab the salt off of the fish.
4. Mix the 2 tablespoons of sake, 2 tablespoons of white wine, and 3 tablespoons of miso into a bowl.
5. Pour about 1/3 of the marinade into the bottom of an airtight container. Place the fillets inside of the container then pour the rest of the marinade over the top of them. Place the lid then keep refrigerated for 1-2 days.
6. When it’s time to cook preheat your oven to 400°F. Remove the marinade from the fish by scraping it off with your fingers. If there is too much left on then the marinade can easily burn, but you don’t want it too clean or the fish wont have enough color.
7. Use a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, or alternatively a well greased one. Parchment paper will not let the salmon stick, so try and use that if you can. Bake the salmon for 25 minutes.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Miso Salmon. Each serving comes out to be 215.25 Calories, 9.23g Fats, 0.78g Net Carbs, and 28.38g Protein.
|Miso Salmon||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1.25 pounds salmon fillets with skin||805||35.93||0||0||0||112.43|
|1 tablespoons sake*||19||0||0.73||0||0.73||0.07|
|1 tablespoons white wine*||12||0||0.38||0||0.38||0.01|
|3 tablespoons miso*||25||1||3||1||2||1|