You know that here at Ruled.me, we sure do love cooking things in mugs. (See our extensive mug cake collection.) I thought that this could be taken one step further and created a keto mug lasagna! This is an easy to make lunch that is warm, cheesy, and satisfying.
These directions will show you how I made the mugs in the photos, but keep in mind that this isn’t like a baked dessert where you have to get things exactly right or risk failure. Feel free to switch up the ingredients or layer things how you like. I think some leftover bolognese sauce would be wonderful here.
I do think it’s important to slice the zucchini very thin, that way your lasagna will not come out too crunchy. I like using the rounds because then you don’t have to worry about cutting through the layers when eating, but you could also use a vegetable peeler and create more traditionally shaped slices.
Yields 1 servings of Keto Mug Lasagna
- ⅓ medium zucchini, ~65g
- 3 tablespoons Rao’s marinara
- 2 tablespoons whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces whole milk mozzarella cheese
1. Slice the zucchini into paper thin rounds. You can use a really sharp knife, or a mandolin.
2. In the bottom of your dish add a tablespoon of the marinara.
3. Layer on some of the zucchini.
4. Carefully spread out 1 tablespoon of ricotta.
5. Add another tablespoon of marinara.
6. Layer on the second layer of zucchini, another tablespoon of ricotta, any leftover zucchini, and then the last tablespoon of marinara.
7. Top with the mozzarella.
8. Microwave for 3-4 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave. You can sprinkle on a little oregano or Parmesan cheese if you like.
This makes a total of 1servings of Keto Mug Lasagna. Each serving comes out to be 318 Calories, 23.54g Fats, 5.39g Net Carbs, and 20.45g Protein.
|Keto Mug Lasagna||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1/3 (65 g) zucchini||11||0.21||2.01||0.6||1.41||0.78|
|3 tablespoons Rao’s marinara||40||3.5||2||0.5||1.5||0.5|
|2 tablespoons whole milk ricotta||54||3.99||0.93||0||0.93||3.46|
|3 ounces whole milk mozzarella||213||15.84||1.55||0||1.55||15.71|