Here’s another easy idea that you might enjoy if you liked the keto mug lasagna. This time we’ll layer roast beef slices, pepper jack cheese, green chile, and sour cream. It’s warm, melty, and will surely hit the spot for a quick lunch.
This mug reminds me of a sandwich that a popular fast food chain used to make when I was younger. It had roast beef, green chiles, and cheese. I thought it would be fun to try layering all the best parts and enjoy it without the bread. If you’re looking for more recipe recreations then don’t forget to check out our book, Keto-Fied!
I used mild green chiles when making this dish, but if you like things spicy then try making it with hot chiles! If you don’t like spicy foods then you can also try switching the pepper jack cheese for plain Monterey jack cheese.
Yields 1 servings of Monterey Mug Melt
- 2 ounces roast beef deli slices
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1.5 tablespoons diced green chiles
- 1.5 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Optional: smoked paprika for garnish
1. Layer one third of the roast beef in the bottom of your dish. I like to break the roast beef up into smaller pieces.
2. Carefully spread out ½ tablespoon of sour cream.
3. Spread out ½ tablespoon of the green chile.
4. Layer on ½ ounce of the pepper jack cheese.
5. Repeat with another layer of roast beef, sour cream, chile, and cheese.
6. Finish it off with a layer of roast beef, the last ½ ounce of cheese, and the last tablespoon of green chile. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle on a little smoked paprika if you like.
This makes a total of 1 servings of Monterey Mug Melt. Each serving comes out to be 268 Calories, 17.99g Fats, 3.83g Net Carbs, and 22.4g Protein.
|Monterey Mug Melt||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 ounces roast beef slices||73||2||1||0||1||13|
|1 tablespoon sour cream||24||2.32||0.56||0||0.56||0.29|
|1.5 tablespoons diced green chiles||4||0||0.75||0||0.75||0|
|1.5 ounces pepper jack cheese||167||13.67||1.52||0||1.52||9.11|