Juicy chicken thighs cooked in Dijon cream and served with a side of steamed broccoli. What’s not to like about that! This keto-friendly chicken dish is sure to become one of your new favorites.
Making this simple, yet tasty recipe only has a few steps. First, mix together the sauce ingredients like the cream and mustard, and then pound the chicken breasts to get them to an even thickness. Finally, season the chicken and then add it to a piping hot skillet. Once the chicken is cooked through, the sauce ingredients are added and then allowed to simmer away until they become thick. Simple as that.
While the chicken and sauce are cooking away, blanch the broccoli, which you will be serving on the side. If you don’t like broccoli, feel free to swap this out for spinach or another leafy greens vegetable. Whatever leafy green vegetables you use will add lots of healthy vitamins and minerals to your meal to compliment the protein from the chicken.
Once all the components of this dish are cooked, all you need to do is serve it up on a plate, sprinkle on some fresh parsley, and then enjoy! If you end up with any leftovers this dish makes the perfect lunch heated up the next day.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Creamy Dijon Chicken
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon low-carb brown sugar replacement
- 16 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 16 ounce broccoli
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Add the broccoli to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, dijon mustard, and brown sugar replacement.
5. In a frying pan over medium to high heat, add the olive oil and butter. Cook the chicken through until there is no more pink.
6. Add the heavy cream and dijon mustard mixture to the pan and turn the heat up to high to bring it to a boil. Add in the thinly sliced onion.
7. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.
8. The broccoli should now be done. Remove from oven.
9. Serve the creamy dijon chicken with the broccoli. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Creamy Dijon Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 431 calories, 34.7g fat, 6.4g net carbs, and 23.4g protein.
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||42.8||3.2||0||3.2||3.3|
|3.00 tablespoon dijon mustard||28||1.6||2.7||1.9||0.9||1.8|
|2.00 teaspoon low-carb brown sugar replacement||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||649||41||0||0||0.0||76.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|0.50 medium onion||19||0.1||4.4||0.8||3.6||0.6|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||1||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|16.00 ounce broccoli||159||1.9||32.6||15||17.6||10.8|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||431||34.7||10.8||4.5||6.4||23.4|