Cream cheese, shredded cheese, chicken, bacon, and frozen cauliflower all combined in the crockpot create this cheesy and decadent casserole that’s perfect for those who don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen. This recipe melts in your mouth and will satisfy all family members, so don’t be surprised if it becomes a new household staple!
Those who follow the keto diet know how important protein is, which is why we like to add chicken and bacon to our casserole. The protein adds some extra macros for a hearty and well-rounded meal. We all know how well chicken and bacon go together, and with the addition of the two types of cheese, this casserole tastes so indulgent, you’ll completely forget that it’s low-carb.
Some people claim that they don’t feel full after a meal without carbohydrates. However, the addition of cauliflower in this dish makes it extremely filling while still allowing you to stick to your low-carb lifestyle.
We love recipes that don’t keep you in the kitchen all day, and this one is no exception. The recipe couldn’t be more straightforward–you simply layer your cauliflower, meat and cheeses in a crockpot, set it and forget it until it’s time to eat. If you’re cooking it without chicken, we recommend 3-4 hours of cooking time. If you are using chicken, simply add an extra hour of cooking time and you’re good to go!We also like to add some green onion at the end for some color and an extra pop of flavor. This casserole makes great leftovers, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself craving it for both lunch and dinner!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Cauliflower Chicken
- 24 ounce frozen cauliflower
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 ounce cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 medium green onion, diced
- 24 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Slice the chicken thighs into cubes.
3. Place half of the cauliflower onto the bottom of a crock pot. Cube the cream cheese and add that into the pot.
4. Add in the cubed chicken thighs and another layer of the cauliflower and cubed cream cheese.
5. Add the cheddar cheese and chopped bacon. Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours and stir about two times while cooking.
6. Garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Cauliflower Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 472 calories, 34g fat, 4g net carbs, and 36g protein.
|24.00 ounce frozen cauliflower||156||3.1||28||15.7||12.3||12.5|
|4.00 ounce cream cheese||388||38.6||4.7||0||4.7||7|
|1.00 cup mozzarella cheese||336||25||2.5||0||2.5||24.8|
|1.00 cup cheddar cheese||495||40.8||3.8||0||3.8||28|
|3.00 ounce cooked bacon||466||36.8||1.2||0||1.2||30.4|
|3.00 medium green onion||14||0.1||3.3||1.2||2.1||0.8|
|24.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||973||60.8||0||0||0||115.4|
|Per Serving (/6)||472||34||7||3||4||36|