These beef skewers are marinated in a wonderful assortment of herbs and spices, cooked to perfection, and then served with lovely refreshing fennel slaw. You and the whole family will love them.
The best part is this dish is extremely easy to make. You start by whipping up the slaw, which contains nutrient-rich veggies like fennel and red cabbage. The iron and protein in this dish are delivered through the sirloin steak skewers. These are easily made by cutting the beef, marinating them in the herbs, spices, and butter, and then putting them onto skewers to cook.
Cooking the skewers is as simple as placing them into a piping-hot frying pan and turning them until cooked on all sides. This whole process only takes a few minutes and then you’re good to go.
When it comes to the slaw part of the recipe, feel free to swap out any veggies you’re not a fan of and add something different into the slaw mix. The main thing is you enjoy what you’re eating!
To serve this dish, plate up the skewers and serve a big spoonful of slaw on the side. To bring out the tarragon and other spices, give the skewers a squirt of fresh lemon juice before serving. Enjoy!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Garlic & Tarragon Beef Skewers with Fennel Slaw
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon dried tarragon, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, zest of
- 100 gram unsalted butter
- 28 ounce sirloin steak
- 1/4 medium red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 medium fennel, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine the unsalted butter, crushed garlic, dried tarragon, and lemon zest. Stir to combine well, then set aside.
Mix together the slaw ingredients by combining the sliced cabbage, fennel, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, fennel seeds, and mayonnaise. Stir to combine well. Set the slaw aside.
3. Dice the sirloin steak and place it onto the skewers. Brush the steak with half of the prepared garlic and tarragon butter mixture.
4. Cook the steaks either on the grill or a chargrill on high heat. Cook for 6 – 9 minutes.
5. Serve the beef skewers with the fennel slaw and the extra garlic and tarragon butter mixture. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Garlic & Tarragon Beef Skewers with Fennel Slaw. Each serving comes out to be 506 calories, 35.8g fat, 5.1g net carbs, and 37.5g protein.
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|2.00 tablespoon dried tarragon||19||0.5||3.3||0.5||2.8||1.5|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|100.00 gram unsalted butter||717||81||0.1||0||0.1||0.8|
|28.00 ounce sirloin steak||1929||111.1||0||0||0||214.3|
|0.25 medium red cabbage||66||0.2||15.8||5.9||9.9||3.4|
|1.00 medium fennel||73||0.5||17.1||7.3||9.8||2.9|
|2.00 teaspoon dijon mustard||6||0.4||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.4|
|2.00 tablespoon white wine vinegar||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon fennel seed||3||0.2||0.5||0.4||0.1||0.2|
|2.00 tablespoon mayonnaise||187||20.6||0.2||0||0.2||0.3|
|Per Serving (/6)||506||35.8||7.9||2.8||5.1||37.5|