As you all know, I love Asian inspired recipes…but most of the time they just take forever to prepare. I wanted to set out to get a soft peanut butter taste that paired well with the salty and umami flavors that soy brings to the table.
I think this one hit the spot! It brings all the savory, sweet, and acidic element you look for in an asian dish – then adds some crunch and color on the top with peppers and onions.
Start to finish in less than 20 minutes is not something you can bat an eyelid at, either. Simple and delicious definitely wins the race on this one!
Yields 3 total servings
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 medium spring onions
- 1/3 medium yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon NOW Erythritol
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Juice of ½ Lime
1. Bring 2 tsp. Sesame Oil to heat on medium-high in a pan. Once oil is hot, add 1 lb. Ground Chicken to the pan and allow it to brown.
2. Once chicken is slightly browned, move it to one side of the pan and add 1 tsp. Minced Garlic.
3. Once garlic is browned, mix everything together and add 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp. NOW Erythritol, 1 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar, and 2 tsp. Chili Paste to the pan.
4. Allow it all to cook down for a minute, then add 3 Tbsp. Peanut Butter and the juice of 1/2 lime.
5. Mix everything well, then add 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper and 1/4 tsp. Paprika.
6. Cook everything down. Once it’s cooked down, add 2 sliced Spring Onions and 1/3 sliced yellow bell pepper.
7. Serve hot!
Yields 3 servings. Each serving has 393 Calories, 23g Fats, 3.7g Net Carbs, and 35g Protein.
|Low Carb Chicken Satay||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|1 lb. Ground Chicken||720||36||0||0||0||86|
|4 Tbsp. Soy Sauce||40||0||0||0||0||8|
|3 Tbsp. Peanut Butter||285||24||11||5||6||11|
|2 Spring Onions||10||0||2||1||1||0|
|1/3 Yellow Pepper||8||0||2||1||1||0|
|1 Tbsp. RiceVinegar||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 tsp. Sesame Oil||80||9||0||0||0||0|
|2 tsp. Chili Paste||6||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Minced Garlic||5||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/4 tsp. Cayenne||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Paprika||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|Juice of 1/2 Lime||22||0||2||0||2||0|