Keto cooking doesn’t have to be a chore, especially when you’re entertaining non-keto guests. In fact, by simply combining the right mix of keto-friendly ingredients, you can create a satisfying appetizer that everyone will love.
The perfect example of this is our keto buffalo chicken dip recipe. Essentially, all you have to is melt the cheeses together and fold in the other ingredients — That’s it!
Serve with low-carb veggies, pork rinds, or keto tortillas, and no one will notice that it’s keto-friendly.
Is Buffalo Chicken Dip Keto?
The dip itself is usually made in a keto-friendly way. However, its carb counts climb when we use chips or crackers for dipping instead of low-carb options.
You may also find that pre-made dips and standard recipes will try to lower the fat content with unhealthy, low-fat ingredients (and they may even thicken their dip with starch or flour). For this reason, we recommend making it yourself with 100% keto-approved ingredients.
How to Make Homemade Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
Keto buffalo chicken dip is typically composed of shredded chicken, Buffalo sauce, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and a creamy keto dressing. As long as you have these components, you’re just a few steps away from making a satisfying keto dip. Though we recommend making it all on the stovetop, there a few other ways to prepare your keto buffalo chicken dip as well:
- 5-minute Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (in the Microwave)
Soften cream cheese in a medium-large microwave-safe bowl or dish. Then, mix the other ingredients in with the cream cheese and microwave for two minutes.
Stir again and microwave for another two minutes. It will be ready when the cheese melted, and the dip is bubbling hot.
- Oven-baked Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (Conventional Oven)
Mix softened cream cheese, creamy ingredients, and Buffalo sauce until smooth. Then, stir in the shredded chicken, grated cheese, and remaining ingredients.
Put the dip into an oven-safe serving dish. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until hot and bubbly (around 20 minutes), stir, and serve.
- Making it in Your Crock-Pot Slow Cooker
Add softened cream cheese and all other ingredients into your slow cooker. Cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 30-60 minutes.
You’ll know the dip is ready when it is hot and bubbling. Mix well, spoon the dip into a serving dish, and serve.
- How to Prepare the Buffalo Chicken Dip in Your Instant Pot
Place uncooked boneless, skinless chicken thigh or breast in your instant pot with keto ranch and buffalo sauce. Cook for 15 minutes on MEAT/STEW function and quick-release the pressure when done.
Remove chicken and shred it. Add the cream cheese and shredded cheese to the sauce in your pot and stir until everything is melted and smooth. Then, add the shredded chicken back and mix it in.
What Can I Use To Dip In My Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip?
As we learned earlier, your keto dip will no longer be keto-friendly if you use high-carb chips or crackers as your dippers. To keep it keto, try these delicious dip options instead:
- Low-carb vegetables: celery, cucumber, cauliflower, radishes, and broccoli are all great options. Check out our keto-friendly vegetable guide for a more comprehensive list.
- Keto tortilla chips
- Cheese chips
- Pork rinds
- Keto crackers
Or, dig in with a spoon. (Just make sure no one’s looking!)
Can I Make Buffalo Chicken Dip With Canned Chicken?
The dip will work with any type of chicken you prefer. However, canned chicken won’t provide as much flavor as shredded chicken.
Can I Make This Dip Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can. Simply follow the instructions to mix the ingredients together, pour into a baking dish, cover it up, and store in the fridge for up to five days.
Warm it up in the oven, microwave, or slow cooker before serving.
Can I Store This Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Freezer?
If you want to keep it for longer than five days and up to three months, store it in an airtight container in the freezer after it has been cooled completely.
Thaw the frozen dip in your refrigerator and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before eating. Stir and taste test throughout the heating process to ensure the dip is thoroughly mixed.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 16 ounce rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce, like Frank’s
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing, like Ken’s
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1. Gather and prep all ingredients.
2. Over medium-low heat, add cream cheese and mozzarella cheese to a pan and melt together.
3. Once the cheese is mixed together well, add in the buffalo hot sauce and shredded chicken. Stir well to combine.
4. Add the ranch dressing, jalapeno, and half of the green onion. Mix again until well incorporated.
5. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot. Serve into an insulated serving dish that can keep warm. Top with remaining green onion and (optionally) blue cheese crumbles.
6. Pair with keto-friendly accompaniments to dip!
Makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip. Each serving comes out to be 417 calories, 32.3g fat, 4.2g net carbs, and 27.8g protein.
|16 ounce rotisserie chicken||835||37||0.1||0||0.1||125|
|8 ounces cream cheese||794||78||13||0||13||14|
|1 cup mozzarella cheese||336||25||2.5||0||2.5||25|
|1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce||8.3||0.3||1.3||0.2||1.1||0.4|
|1/2 cup ranch dressing||516||53||7.1||0||7.1||1.6|
|1 medium jalapeno||4.1||0.1||0.9||0.4||0.5||0.1|
|1/4 cup green onion||8||0.1||1.8||0.7||1.1||0.5|
|Per Serving (/6)||416.9||32.3||4.5||0.2||4.2||27.8|