You’ve heard of green tea ice cream, but have you heard of avocado coconut ice cream?! It’s a healthy source of fats and great for curbing those sugar cravings. The toasted coconut flakes nicely compliment the smooth flavor of avocado. This ice cream is great for a girl’s night or to snack on during a Netflix binge.
There is quite a bit of prep time involved, and an ice cream maker is required. You can substitute Allulose for another preferred sugar substitute.
Yields 8 servings of Avocado Coconut Ice Cream.
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup Allulose
- 1 medium lime
- 1 cup coconut flakes
1. Cut avocado lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop avocado into a blender.
2. Add coconut milk, heavy cream, and sweetener into a blender with the avocado. Blend ingredients until smooth.
3. Juice and zest lime. Add lime juice and zest to blender. Blend ingredients again for one minute. Refrigerate blended ingredients for at least one hour.
4. Preheat pan. Place coconut flakes into the pan. Toast until lightly brown around the edges. Remove pan from heat. Set aside.
5. Transfer avocado ice cream base to the ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. Cover avocado ice cream base and freeze.
7. Serve and sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes to taste.
This makes 8 servings of Avocado Coconut Ice Cream. Each serving comes out to be 222.38 Calories, 21.09g Fats, 6.88g Net Carbs, and 2.07g Protein.
|Avocado Coconut Ice Cream||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 medium avocado||227||20.96||11.75||9.2||3.55||2.67|
|13.5 ounce coconut milk||751||81||11||0||11||7.7|
|½ cup heavy cream||405||42.94||3.38||0||3.38||3.38|
|¾ cup Allulose||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 tablespoons lime juice||8||0.02||2.55||0.1||2.45||0.13|
|1 cup coconut flakes||388||23.79||44.07||8.4||35.67||2.66|