Winter is on its way, so we thought we’d start dishing out some soups to keep you cozy. Luckily this filling dish is just what we needed. The cheesy and creamy soup is packed with chunks of cauliflower and finished off with crumbled bacon bits.
This recipe takes roughly 30 minutes to make, including prep and it’s easily made in one pot. Another upside is that you can add anything else you want into this soup – onions, chicken, jalapenos…anything!
The best part of this soup is that it makes so many servings and you can freeze it to take to work or keep for another day. It’s perfect!
Yields 6 servings of Cheesy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
1. In a deep pan, heat up 3/4 of the olive oil and the garlic on medium heat.
2. Once hot, add in the cauliflower.
3. Pour in the chicken broth and water, bringing it to a boil over high heat. Stir frequently.
4. Once it’s boiling, stir in the heavy whipping cream then turn the heat down to medium.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the rest of your oil and xanthan gum to make a slurry.
6. Drop your slurry into the soup and stir. It should start to thicken.
7. Little by little, add in your cheese, stirring it into the soup so it melts.
8. Whisk in your bacon and serve!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Cheesy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup. Each serving comes out to be 343.33 Calories, 28.7 Fats, 4.43g Net Carbs, and 16.89g Protein.
|Cheesy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup||Calories||Fat(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 medium cauliflower||147||1.65||29.22||11.8||17.42||16.13|
|1/4 cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic||4||0.01||0.93||0.1||0.83||0.18|
|2 cups chicken broth||30||1.05||2.19||0||2.19||3.19|
|4 tablespoons bacon bits||178||14.02||0.44||0||0.44||11.58|
|1 ½ cup cheddar cheese||541||45||0||0||0||31.5|
|1 cup heavy cream||683||56.46||5.71||0||5.71||38.76|
|Per Serving (/6)||343.33||28.7||6.42||1.98||4.43||16.89|