My idea of a perfect weekend is sleeping in, eating brunch with an excellent cup of coffee, and exploring my local farmer’s market. Eggs Benedict is a hearty brunch staple that will give you the energy to cross all the items off your to-do list. I like to pair it with a chicory coffee or breakfast tea. The best part is the recipe can be tailored for keto and non-keto folks alike!
Prep time will require a little effort, but you can easily replace the egg yolk with packaged yolk from the store. If you want to try something different, pair the Eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon!
Yields 3 servings of Bacon and Eggs Benedict Salad
- 3 strips bacon
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 cups spring mix greens
- 6 halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium egg yolks
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 medium eggs, poached
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
1. Preheat pan on a stove. Place bacon on the pan, cook to desired consistency. Remove pan from stove. Drain and cool bacon.
2. Spray a light coat of nonstick spray onto a microwave safe plate. Place the tablespoons of parmesan cheese into 3 mounds on the plate. Microwave plate of cheese mounds until crisp. Remove plate of cheese mounds from microwave and allow to cool.
3. Place egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender to create hollandaise sauce. Blend the mixture until it becomes a pale yellow.
4. Melt the butter in a microwave-safe dish until it begins to bubble. Place melted butter into blender mixture. Blend until the sauce is well combined. It will be light in color and will thicken as it begins to cool.
5. Place greens, sliced tomatoes, and bacon slices on to a plate to form a salad bed.
6. Apply a layer of parmesan cheese to the salad bed.
7. Top salad bed with poached eggs Pour hollandaise sauce over the eggs and garnish with chives.
This makes a total of 3 servings of Bacon and Eggs Benedict Salad. Each serving comes out to be 333.63 Calories, 31.73g Fat, 2.5g Net Carbs, and 14.77g Protein.
|Bacon and Eggs Benedict Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 strips bacon||161||12||0.6||0||0.6||12|
|3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded||62||4.1||0.5||0||0.5||5.7|
|3 cups spring mix greens||27||9.1||1.7||0.7||1||0.7|
|6 cherry tomatoes, halved||18||0.2||4||1.2||2.8||0.9|
|2 medium egg yolks||109||9||1.2||0||1.2||5.4|
|¼ cup salted butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice||1||0.8||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|3 medium eggs, poached||215||14||1.1||0||1.1||19|
|1 tablespoon dried chives||0.9||0||0.1||0.1||0||0.1|