Looking for a pizza option that doesn’t use almond or coconut flour? Try this buffalo chicken crust pizza. The crust is made from ground chicken thighs! It’s topped with a creamy buffalo sauce, cheeses, and celery. It’s very filling and you’ll love how simple this is to create.
Ground chicken can be harder to find and very expensive at the grocery stores I visit. So I decided to make this crust using boneless and skinless chicken thighs. You can often find these on sale, and it’s easy to grind them up yourself with a food processor. If you don’t own a food processor, you can of course purchase ground chicken. If you ask nicely, some meat departments will even grind up chicken thighs for you.
I think this pizza would be great with some red pepper spinach salad on the side.
Yields 8 servings of Buffalo Chicken Crust Pizza
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk (64 g) celery
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Franks Red Hot Original
- 1 ounce blue cheese crumbles
- 1 stalk (12 g) green onion
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grind up the chicken thighs using the blade attachment on a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add ½ cup of shredded mozzarella, egg, oregano, pepper, and salt to the mixing bowl.
3. Mix the chicken crust together until all of the shredded cheese is tucked inside the, “dough.”
4. Lay a piece of parchment paper across the top of a pizza pan. (I’m using this 14 inch cast iron pizza pan.) You can also use a large baking sheet. Spread the chicken out with the back of a spoon until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick and in the shape that you want. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the crust is cooked through and starting to brown on top.
5. While the crust is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet. Finely dice the celery and cook until it wilts and starts to brown.
6. In a small bowl mix the sour cream and two tablespoons of Franks Red Hot Original.
7. Once the crust is finished, remove it from the oven.
8. Spread the sauce mixture over the base of the crust. Layer with the cooked celery, remaining ½ cup of mozzarella, and the blue cheese crumbles.
9. Cook for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starts to brown. I like to switch the oven to broil for the last few minutes, but you have to watch it very carefully! Drizzle Franks Red Hot sauce across the top, and garnish with green onion slices.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Buffalo Chicken Crust Pizza. Each serving comes out to be 172 Calories, 12.88g Fats, 0.79g Net Carbs, and 13.83g Protein.
|Buffalo Chicken Crust Pizza||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 lb ground chicken thighs||520||28||0||0||0||71.99|
|1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella||336||25.03||2.45||0||2.45||24.83|
|1 tsp dried oregano||5||0.08||1.24||0.8||0.44||0.16|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|0.25 tsp black pepper||1||0.02||0.37||0.1||0.27||0.06|
|3 tbsp Franks Red Hot Original||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon sour cream||24||2.32||0.56||0||0.56||0.29|
|1 ounce blue cheese crumbles||100||8.15||0.66||0||0.66||6.07|
|1 stalk (64 g) celery||10||0.11||1.9||1||0.9||0.44|
|2 tbsp butter||305||34.55||0.14||0||0.14||0.36|
|1 stalk (12 g) green onion||3||0.06||0.69||0.2||0.49||0.12|
|Per Serving (/8)||172||12.88||1.05||0.26||0.79||13.83|