This recipe for vegan keto breakfast porridge will keep you full all morning long. Stir your favorite toppings into this thick and creamy breakfast option to customize the flavor. The taste and texture is very similar to cream of wheat, and it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
I prefer some cinnamon and blueberries, but there are infinite possibilities.
Obviously, this recipe is handy for vegans because it works as a great alternative to bacon and eggs. It’s also great for anyone who misses hot cereals, or has a sensitivity to eggs.
I used golden flaxseed meal for this recipe. It has a more uniform color, but you should be able to use other styles of flaxseed meal as well. If you want a much thicker porridge, simply reduce the almond milk to one cup.
Yields 1 servings of Vegan Keto Porridge
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder*
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- Powdered erythritol to taste
* Try experimenting with different flavors!
1. In a bowl mix together the coconut flour, golden flaxseed meal, and protein powder.
2. Add to a sauce pan, along with the almond milk, and cook over medium heat. It will seem very loose at first.
3. When it thickens you can stir in your preferred amount of sweetener. I like to use about ½ a tablespoon. Serve with your favorite toppings.
This makes a total of 1 serving of Vegan Keto Porridge. Each serving comes out to be 249 Calories, 13.07g Fats, 5.78g Net Carbs, and 17.82g Protein.
|Vegan Keto Porridge||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons coconut flour||50||3||8||6||2||2|
|3 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal||90||5.25||7.5||6||1.5||4.5|
|2 tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder||50||0.5||2||2||0||9|
|1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk||59||4.32||2.28||0||2.28||2.32|