Creamy, crunchy, and smoky all at the same time, this salad invokes the warmth of summer. It hits all the spots and is a great dish to bring to parties or cookouts, work potlucks, or serve with dinner. With minimal prep time, this is a quick and easy salad.
I had my eye on testing out some vegan bacon lately using mushrooms and it was a hit! The mushrooms get nice and crispy and leave your home smelling amazing. While this salad is low on protein, it’s a great side salad for BBQ season where you can get your protein in meat or tofu!
For this recipe, I used liquid smoke. You can usually find it with the BBQ sauce in your local grocery store. If you can’t find it, you can replace it with coconut aminos or tamari sauce.
Yields 5 servings of Vegan Cucumber and ‘Bacon’ Side Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium Roma tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free Italian dressing
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat a skillet on the stove.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, liquid smoke, and paprika.
3. Add the oil mixture onto the skillet.
4. Place the mushrooms onto the skillet. Cook until crispy. Remove the skillet from the stove. Allow the mushrooms to cool.
5. In a salad bowl, add the sliced cucumber, mushrooms, chopped tomato, onion, and diced avocado.
6. Pour Italian salad dressing onto the salad. Toss together so the vegetables become evenly coated.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Vegan Cucumber and ‘Bacon’ Side Salad. Each serving comes out to be 125.76 Calories, 11.42g Fats, 4.08g Net Carbs, and 1.7g Protein.
|Vegan Cucumber and ‘Bacon’ Side Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|½ tablespoon sesame oil||60||6.8||0||0||0||0|
|1 ¼ teaspoons liquid smoke||0.3||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|1 teaspoon paprika||6.5||0.3||1.2||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|4 ounces cremini mushrooms||25||0.1||4.9||0.7||4.2||2.8|
|1 medium English cucumber||30||0.2||7.3||1||6.3||1.3|
|1 medium Roma tomato||11||0.1||2.4||0.7||1.7||0.6|
|¼ cup yellow diced onion||25||0.1||5.7||0.8||4.9||0.8|
|1 medium avocado||227||21||12||9.2||2.8||2.7|
|3 tablespoons sugar-free Italian dressing||5||1.5||0||0||0||0|