So I had the ribs that I made last week sitting in my fridge and I thought it was about time I put them to use. I figured a spicy, yet refreshing lettuce wrap would be awesome! And boy…was I right.
These lettuce wraps pack a punch if you’re using a hot chili paste. They’re absolutely delicious and the fall off the bone tenderness of the meat just adds to the whole experience.
In total this will make 6 whole lettuce wraps. What I did was cut each of the 6 lettuce wraps in half to create 12. That gave me 3 servings of 4 halves. If you want to keep them whole, that’s fine too – just use 2 lettuce wraps per serving. Remember the meat is fatty and contains a lot of calories.
If you want to add a more refreshing burst of flavor, think about adding some sour cream, cucumber, mayonnaise, or mustard. These flavors will bring both a juicy refreshing taste and some tang along with it.
Yields 6 Spicy Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 5 Leftover Pork Loin Ribs with Keto BBQ Sauce
- 6 Pieces Butter Lettuce
- 1/3 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Medium Onion
- 2 tsp. Chili Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1. Chop your 1/3 Yellow Bell Pepper into thin strips.
2. Slice your 1/4 Onion into thin strips also and set aside.
3. Grab your leftover ribs that you have and cut them into separate ribs.
4. Take the bone off of the meat – this should be an easy pulling job. The meat should literally fall off the bone.
5. Shred your meat using a knife so they are in bite size chunks.
6. Put a piece of butter lettuce down. On top of the lettuce, carefully place a small handful of meat, a few slices of pepper and a few slices of onion. You can optionally put whatever sauce you want on this – I chose chili paste.
7. Roll the lettuce wraps up and top with red pepper flakes and additional chili paste.
This will make 6 whole rolled lettuce wraps. You can chop them in half and come out with 3 total servings. Each serving is 2 whole lettuce wraps (halved) and comes out to: 338 Calories, 25.6g Fats, 2.4g Net Carbs, and 23.7g Protein.
|Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|5 Leftover Pork Loin Ribs||969.8||76.7||1.9||0.1||1.8||69.2|
|6 Pieces Butter Lettuce||10||0||2||1||1||1|
|1/3 Yellow Bell Pepper||17||0||2||1||1||1|
|1/4 Medium Onion||12||0||3||0||3||0|
|2 tsp. Chili Garlic Paste||3||0||0.4||0||0.4||0|
|1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes||2||0||0||0||0||0|