The somewhat sweet roasted pumpkin combined with salty cheese is an amazing experience. This salad is somewhat higher in carbs than we would normally post, so keep in mind that it’s better for those of you who are eating within a shorter time period each day. You can lessen the carbs by reducing the amount of pumpkin used and replace it with a lower-carb vegetable like cauliflower or zucchini.
Every time we post a recipe with halloumi, we get a lot of questions about it. Look, halloumi is amazing. It’s a semi-hard, brined cheese, that’s fantastic when fried or grilled. If you can’t find it in your area, then try frying up some queso fresco. And, if you haven’t tried frying queso fresco either then you need to get on that immediately – it will change your life.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Roasted Pumpkin & Halloumi Salad
- 1 ¼ cups diced pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces halloumi, cubed
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 200 grams watercress
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 400F.
2. Mix the diced pumpkin with the olive oil, paprika, and salt. Spread it out on a baking tray then roast for 15-20 minutes or until it’s begun browning and has softened.
3. In a nonstick pan, preheat the butter over medium heat. Fry the halloumi for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cheese has browned. Set aside.
4. Spread the almonds out across a baking tray then roast for 6-10 minutes. When they’re done set them aside.
5. Mix together the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and apple cider vinegar to create the dressing.
6. Add the watercress to a bowl then top with the roasted pumpkin, halloumi, almonds, and avocado. Drizzle the dressing over the top to serve.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Roasted Pumpkin & Halloumi Salad. Each serving comes out to be 537.55 Calories, 45.85g Fats, 11.1g Net Carbs, and 19.35g Protein.
|Keto Roasted Pumpkin & Halloumi Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 ¼ cups diced pumpkin||61||0.2||15||3.4||11.6||2.2|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon paprika||6.4||0.3||1.2||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||12||0||0||0||0.1|
|4 ounces halloumi||340||25||2.5||0||2.5||25|
|3 tablespoons flaked almonds||52||4.5||1.8||0.9||0.9||1.8|
|200 grams watercress||22||0.2||2.6||1||1.6||4.6|
|1/2 medium avocado||161||14.5||8.5||6.5||2||2|
|1 tablespoon tahini||89||8||3.2||0.7||2.5||2.6|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice||2.6||0||0.8||0.1||0.7||0.1|
|1/8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar||0.1||0||0||0||0||0|