These may be a slightly strange flavor combination for some, but it’s truly worth a taste! The flavors all meld extremely well together, the aromatic cardamom with the sweet pumpkin puree. And, has a fantastic soft cakey texture! If you’ve ever been missing that moist, almost crumbly taste of an old-fashioned donut on a ketogenic diet; you’ve come to the right place!
These little donut holes are extremely rich, so 2 or 3 is enough to really hit the spot. Though, they serve as great small plates if you’re having guests. If you’re in the mood for serving these as bite-size meals, I’d highly recommend rolling them in brown butter and then rolling them in the extra sweetener/pumpkin spice mix at the end.
If donut holes aren’t really your thing, don’t worry too much! We have other awesome donut recipes on the site (take a look here), too. If you don’t have access to pumpkin pie spice, you can always use our homemade version here >
NOTE: Try to search for organic, unsweetened pumpkin puree.
Yields 12 Pumpkin Cardamom Donut Holes
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter, salted
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup erythritol/stevia blend
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice recipe
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
1. Add all wet ingredients into a bowl.
NOTE: In the meantime, please make sure to preheat your oven to 325F.
2. Using an immersion blender, blend together the wet ingredients until smooth. You don’t want to have a gritty texture from the ricotta cheese.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients (except for erythritol/stevia blend) in a separate bowl. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring each time.
4. Once the dough is starting to form, add the erythritol/stevia blend and mix to combine.
5. Grab ~1 1/2 tbsp. of dough at a time and roll into balls using your hands. You should get about 18 in total.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 325F or until the outside are a light golden brown and look slightly crumbly to the touch.
7. While the donut holes are baking, feel free to make a coating. A simple blend of 1-2 tbsp. erythritol and 1 tsp. pumkin pie spice. When the donut holes are out of the oven, you can sprinkle this on top for added aesthetic.
8. Enjoy cold or warm. They go great with tea or coffee!
This makes a total of 18 Pumpkin Cardamom Donut Holes. Each donut hole comes out to be 87.68 Calories, 6.98g Fats, 1.78g Net Carbs, and 3.1g Protein.
|Pumpkin Cardamom Donut Holes||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup pumpkin puree||50||0||11||3||8||2|
|½ cup full fat ricotta cheese||216||16.1||3.77||0||3.77||13.96|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|
|¼ cup butter||407||46.03||0.03||0||0.03||0.48|
|½ cup coconut flour||200||12||32||24||8||8|
|¼ cup erythritol/stevia blend||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 teaspoons psyllium husk powder||30||0||10||10||0||0|
|½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice||3.21||0.05||0.87||0.47||0.4||0.06|
|½ teaspoon cardamom||3||0.07||0.68||0.3||0.38||0.11|