This salad is an excellent side dish for summer events like BBQ’s and picnics or lazy summer dinners with family and friends. You can also prepare it for work lunches and potlucks.
The hot sauce gives the salad a nice kick, but you can omit it from the recipe if it’s not your thing. This easy salad has several opportunities for substitution; you can swap out the cilantro for dill or cherry tomatoes. For the dressing, you can use lemon juice instead of lime.
Yields 4 servings of Spicy Avocado Salad
- 2 medium avocados, chopped
- ¼ cup medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the chopped avocados, onion, bell pepper, and cilantro in a salad dish.
2. Top with the lime juice and hot sauce. Toss the salad so the vegetables are evenly coated.
3. Chill and serve.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Spicy Avocado Salad. Each serving comes out to be 131.5 Calories, 10.6g Fats, 5.3g Net Carbs, and 1.88g Protein.
|Spicy Avocado Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 medium avocados||454||42||24||18||6||5.3|
|¼ cup medium yellow onion||25||0.1||5.7||0.8||4.9||0.8|
|1 small red bell pepper||32||0.2||7.6||1.4||6.2||1|
|¼ cup cilantro||0.9||0||0.1||0.1||0||0.1|
|3 tablespoons lime juice||11||0||3.9||0.2||3.7||0.2|
|2 tablespoons hot sauce||3.1||0.1||0.5||0.1||0.4||0.1|