Chocolate and peanut butter are just a match that are made to be together (cue Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake). It’s rich, it’s amazingly tasty, and it’s something you just have to try for yourself! These chocolate peanut butter tarts are incredibly rich and filling. Each one is made to share and is full of fat and have lots of fiber. They’re made with a flaxseed crust and a delicious layer of peanut butter. Over top, the key ingredient for the rich, velvety texture is avocado!
Avocado is an awesome pantry staple to always have around on a ketogenic diet. I used to hate them, but once you start experimenting with them, they’re absolutely awesome. Just a sprinkle of salt and pepper and it can accompany just about any savory dish. Or, if you want to go sweet – you can do exactly what we did here.
If any of you have had the chance to try chocolate avocado pudding, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about for the top layer. It adds the perfect texture of soft creaminess to the richness of the peanut butter and crust. The best thing is, you can’t taste the avocado, so it’s like a really decadent mousse being laid on the top of your tart.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Tarts
- 1 medium Avocado (about 130 grams)
- 4 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 4 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp. Butter
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. To make your crust, start by grinding up ¼ cup of flaxseeds until they’re finely ground. Alternatively, you can use pre-ground flaxseed meal.
2. To your ground flaxseeds, add the rest of your crust ingredients and blend until well combined.
3. Press your crust mixture into your tart pans and up the sides. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes until it has set.
4. While the crust is baking, prepare your top layer by combining all the ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Once the crusts are out of the oven, give them a chance to cool while you prepare your peanut butter layer. Melt your peanut butter and butter in the microwave or a small pan over the stove until it’s combined and soft.
6. Pour the melted peanut butter layer onto your tart crusts and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes until the top is set.
7. Once the top of the peanut butter layer is set, add the chocolate avocado layer on top. Smooth it out and refrigerate for about an hour.
8. Remove from the refrigerator, slice, and serve. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Tarts. Each half-tartlet comes out to be 305 Calories, 26.8g Fats, 3.9g Net Carbs, and 9.8g Protein.
|Keto Chocolate PB Tarts||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|1/4 cup Flaxseeds||140||12||8||8||0||8|
|2 tbsp. Almond Flour||80||7||3||1.5||1.5||6|
|1 Egg White||25||0||0||0||0||5|
|1 tbsp. Erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|4 tbsp. Cocoa Powder||80||4||8||4||4||4|
|1/4 cup Erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Cinnamon||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 tbsp. Heavy Cream||100||10||0||0||0||0|
|4 tbsp. Peanut Butter||380||32||12||4||8||14|
|2 tbsp. Butter||200||22||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving ( /4 )||304.8||26.8||10.5||6.6||3.9||9.8|