These keto salmon rollups give you all the flavor of a traditional salmon bagel without the carbs! If you’ve been looking for a way to enjoy the flavors of a salmon bagel in a keto-friendly way, these keto salmon rollups are worth trying out. They make a great snack or serve them up as a canape when you have friends over.
Making these rollups is easy. All you need to do is make the filling containing cream cheese, red onion, capers, fresh chives, and lemon zest and mix it together. Once the mix is ready, layout thin strips of salmon (lox) onto your bench, place a spoonful of mixture onto each piece of salmon, and then roll them up. For extra zest, sprinkle on some fresh lemon juice before serving.
These salmon rollups are not only tasty but they’re also packed full of goodness. The salmon provides you with healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and the cream cheese gives you protein and important amino acids.
While we think this recipe is great as it is, if you want to make it more of a meal than a snack, you can easily add some scrambled egg or spinach to the rollups. Either way, they’ll taste great and are sure to become one of your new go-to keto-friendly recipes.
Yields 1 serving of Keto Salmon Rollups
- 4 ounce smoked salmon
- 3 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 teaspoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Put the cream cheese into a bowl and stir with a fork to be sure it is smooth.
3. Chop the fresh chives and capers. Mix in the chopped chives, capers, and sliced red onion together with the cream cheese. Stir to combine well.
4. Dollop some of the cream cheese onto the salmon pieces and smooth out. Carefully, roll the salmon.
5. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Keto Salmon Rollups. Each serving comes out to be 429 calories, 34g fat, 4.2g net carbs, and 26.2g protein.
|4.00 ounce smoked salmon||133||4.9||0||0||0||20.7|
|3.00 ounce cream cheese||291||28.9||3.5||0||4||5.2|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh chives||1||0||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|1.00 teaspoon capers||1||0||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|2.00 teaspoon red onion||3||0||0.7||0.1||0.6||0.1|
|0.50 teaspoon lemon zest||0||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0|
|Per Serving (/1)||429||34||4.6||0.4||4.2||26.2|