Are you in the mood for something a little different? Cook up some of these salmon patties with fresh herbs. I think they are perfect for someone who’s looking to add a little bit more seafood to their diet, but feels a little trepidation about cooking fish. These salmon patties come together in a snap, and don’t require a complicated, or messy, breading station. They are stuffed with fresh chopped herbs like chives and dill, Parmesan cheese, as well as a sprinkling of lemon zest for brightness. Serve this along with some broccoli and our homemade tartar sauce for a satisfying meal.
In the spirit of easy cleanup, I also opted to crush the pork rinds in a ziplock bag instead of pulling out the food processor. Just roll the pieces between your fingers until they are mostly crushed, and then remove any bits that are too hard to break apart.
I recommend weighting your patties out using a food scale in order to track accurately, and end up with patties of the same size. The serving size for this recipe is two patties.
Yields 5 servings of Salmon Patties with Fresh Herbs
- 2 (14.75-oz) cans pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces pork rinds, crushed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Open and drain both cans of pink salmon and then add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix the chives, dill, Parmesan cheese, crushed pork rinds, 2 large eggs, lemon zest, and the salt and pepper into the salmon.
3. Form the salmon into 3 ounce balls. I usually end up with about 10.
4. Put the almond flour in a plate. Carefully flatten each salmon patty in the palm of your hand and then dip into the almond flour. They are fragile so I like to place the patty into the flour and then scoop some of the flour on top of the salmon, and then lightly tap it down with my fingers.
5. Preheat a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry the patties over medium-high heat for a few minutes on each side. They should be cooked through and browned when finished.
6. Serve two patties with some of our homemade tartar sauce, and veggies.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Salmon Patties with Fresh Herbs. Each two patty serving comes out to be 418 Calories, 25g Fats, 2.63g Net Carbs, and 46g Protein.
|Salmon Patties with Fresh Herbs||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein|
|2 (14.75-oz) cans pink salmon||1072.73||40.23||0||0||0||174.32|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives||1.8||0.04||0.26||0.15||0.11||0.2|
|¼ cup chopped fresh dill||31.37||0.54||6.92||1.69||5.23||2.48|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese||120||8||2||1||1||10|
|4 ounces pork rinds, crushed||160||10||0||0||0||16|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|
|1 teaspoon lemon zest||1||0||0.3||0.2||0.1||0|
|Salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ cup almond flour||320||28||12||6||6||12|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||238.68||27||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/5)||417.72||24.66||4.44||1.81||2.63||45.51|