No lettuce in this salad! Just zucchini, crispy bacon, feta, and shiny red cherry tomatoes. Topped with some balsamic vinegar, this inviting dish is a great side salad for any meal.
Zucchini ribbons are incredibly easy to make. All you need is a cheese slicer, or a vegetable peeler, and some zucchini. Slice it lengthwise and the zucchini will form long noodles. The shape isn’t necessary for creating this dish. You could just slice the zucchini into thin circles or cut into chunks too.
This salad will refrigerate well and will keep for an upwards of 3 to 4 days if it’s covered. This salad is perfect to take to work too.
Yields 5 servings of Zucchini Ribbon Side Salad
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 200 grams feta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. With a cheese grater or vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini into ribbons.
2. Place the zucchini ribbons into a salad bowl. Top with the cherry tomatoes, bacon, and cheese.
3. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar then toss before serving.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Zucchini Ribbon Side Salad. Each serving comes out to be 206.4 Calories, 14.59g Fats, 4.33g Net Carbs, and 11.55g Protein.
|Zucchini Ribbon Side Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 medium zucchini||66||1.6||11.6||4.4||7.2||5|
|8 slices cooked bacon||355||28.04||0.87||0||0.87||23.15|
|200 grams feta cheese, cubed||528||43||8.2||0||8.2||28|
|1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped||27||0.3||5.8||1.8||4||1.3|
|4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar||56||0||11||9.6||1.4||0.3|