Who doesn’t love a good tartar sauce to go on their favorite fish? I used to be intimidated by making sauces from scratch, until I realized how easy they are to make. One of the things I like about this recipe is that it’s a fairly small batch. With my homemade mayo always on hand, it only takes a few minutes to put this together. If you can do it a few hours ahead of time, all the better as it gives the flavors time to meld.
makes 1/2 cup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely diced green onion
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
1. Gather all ingredients. I love these lacto-fermented pickles.
2. Dice onion and pickle.
3. Add dill weed.
4. Add lemon juice. You can start with 1/2 tsp, then add more if desired. I usually put 1 tsp.
5. Stir it all up! It’s really that easy! I especially enjoy this with my salmon patties.
For a 1 Tbsp serving the macros would be: 130.48 Calories, 14.91g Fat, 0.32g Net Carbs, 0.6g Protein
|Low Carb Tartar Sauce||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup mayonnaise||1040.8||119.2||1.84||0||1.84||4.64|
|1 tablespoon diced dill pickle||1||0.03||0.21||0.1||0.11||0.04|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice||1||0.01||0.34||0||0.34||0.02|
|1 teaspoon finely diced green onion||0||0||0.06||0||0.06||0.01|
|½ teaspoon dill weed||1||0.02||0.25||0.1||0.18||0.1|