What’s better than sipping on some nice hot soup on a cold winter day? Nothing. So I created a nice creamy, roasted, soup that is just for those days when you want to sit next to the fire while curled up with a book.
The best part about this roasted red pepper soup is that it is incredibly easy to make and takes roughly 20 to 30 minutes from start to finish.
I thickened this delicious dish with xanthan gum, but the roasted red peppers also helps it to thicken. I really enjoy a nice thick soup, but you can skip the xanthan gum if you want. It’s all about preference! I also used store bought whole roasted red peppers to save time.
Yields 4 servings of Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 4 whole roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Toss the whole peppers, without the liquid from the jar, into a blender and puree until it becomes a thick sauce.
2. Add the onions, salt, pepper, and chili flakes then puree again.
3. In a stovetop pan, heat up your teaspoon of garlic.
4. Pour in your pepper/chili mix and bring to a boil.
5. Whisk in the heavy cream and again, bring to a boil.
6. In a separate bowl, stir together the olive oil and xanthan gum.
7. Quickly pour the xanthan gum into the soup. Stir and the soup should begin to thicken.
8. Bring to a boil. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Roasted Red Pepper Soup. Each serving comes out to be 385.75 Calories, 36.78g Fats, 7.57g Net Carbs, and 4.97g Protein.
|Roasted Red Pepper Soup||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|4 whole roasted red peppers||148||1.43||28.7||10||18.7||4.71|
|¼ cup chopped onion||16||0.04||3.74||0.7||3.04||0.44|
|1 teaspoon chilli pepper flakes||6||0.31||1.02||0.5||0.52||0.22|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic||4||0.01||0.93||0.1||0.83||0.18|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.87||6.52||0||6.52||6.76|
|¼ cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon xanthan gum||0||0||1||1||0||0|
|4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese||83||5.47||0.68||0||0.68||7.57|